BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rogue Engineering
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I do not like racing "cousins" of my car, I couldnt resist when my buddy brought his E36 M3 to school. It is a 1995 Cosmos Black M3 Coupe 5 Speed...
I have a 6 speed 04 330ci...performance mods are: GruppeM, RE DMS, RE Pullies, 3.46 Differential. I know that an E36 M3 is supposed to beat a stock 330ci so now I was really curious...

We did a few rolls from about 20-100mph then one semi-launch from a standstill...The 04 took the E36 every single time. With the rolling starts, it was about even till 60 when I shifted into 3rd and I just completely pulled away. I couldn't beleive how much power I have in 3rd gear. T. he differential really made a huge difference. He said once he got into 4th I was about 2-3 car lengths in front of him.

I was amazed at my car's performance and I did not think I would beat an E36 at all. If you have not done a differential upgrade...do it...its a great bang for the buck and gives you awesome passing power and nice torque.

I'm very happy with my choice of mods on my car as they have proved they work and they perform well with each other...

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
nice straz! glad ur liking the diff :D

are u still hitting 60 in 2nd? i somehow doubt it ;) 2.93 to 3.46 is a deece lil jump!

·
Rogue Engineering
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am hitting 57-58 in 2nd with the differential. That is why I need software desperately...just waiting for it to come out

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
i too need software, just waiting for my $ to allow it :D

if i could take it to 7k, i too could hit 60 in 2nd

·
Rogue Engineering
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JCz04Bimmer said:
I want a diff damnit!

And I have 300 to spend too! Matt you have officially put this mod on the top of my list. Screw sways.
Dude you said that 2 months ago...haha hurry up and get it man...poor man's supercharger

·
Rogue Engineering
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vinnymac said:
Your upgraded differential gave you a huge advantage.

Was the 95 M3 stock?
Yes it was stock...

·
Rogue Engineering
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
idoc330ci said:
Nice kill :thumbup:

Just wondering how badly the E36M3 would beat a stock 330ci in a race? :dunno:
It has 240hp and 225 lbs of torque stock
330ci has 225 hp and 214 lbs of torque stock

The M3 supposedly does a 0-60 of 5.7...stock for stock it would be a good race but I think the M3 would take it

·
next mod: recaro child seat
2,348 Posts
nice job, Straz...nice to see all the mods come together like that :thumbup:

now tell your friend to start modding the hell out of that M3...it's an OBD-1 for God's sake and will really respond to some bolt-ons... :yikes: :thumbup:

·
Rogue Engineering
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would be up for that...and I dont think it was a better driver situation but I def will try that

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
thats awesome. Your car is so clean too. But the whole software thing. It'd be cool to get better fuel air mixtures and whatever and an increased redline, but is it really an issue that you hit 60 mph in 2nd? Seems kinda pointless unless you were strictly trying to get the fastest 0-60 possible. In a real race, you have to shift into 3rd at one point and it probably doesn't matter whether its at 57 mph or 61 mph.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Jared: Call Michaleson's in Sayersville, NJ i dont know the number but you can get it online or 411. They have been having a Few 3.46's lately i got mine there with 20K Miles for 400$

Matt, you still owe me a run LOL.. :hi:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts