BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my windshield replaced a week ago and now on the edges where the windshield meets the A pillar i can see the black adhesive. Some spots are worse than others. Very noticeable in the sun too. Is it something that in considered normal after windshield replacement or should it be a very clean finish where the windshield comes in contact with the A pillars?

Thanks for the help guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
M32NV said:
Had my windshield replaced a week ago and now on the edges where the windshield meets the A pillar i can see the black adhesive. Some spots are worse than others. Very noticeable in the sun too. Is it something that in considered normal after windshield replacement or should it be a very clean finish where the windshield comes in contact with the A pillars?

Thanks for the help guys
curious, how much did you pay for your windshield and from who?

rock jsut cracked my windshield an har ago! damn!

thx in advance!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I had my windshield replaced 2 weeks ago (only had 900km on the car) and there definitely should not be any adhesive or any other indications that it was replaced. It should look brand new. Suggest that you get the repair facility to redo it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Juris03325i said:
I had my windshield replaced 2 weeks ago (only had 900km on the car) and there definitely should not be any adhesive or any other indications that it was replaced. It should look brand new. Suggest that you get the repair facility to redo it.
curious? did you get it replaced with OEM glass? rain sensor? how much/!

thx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,090 Posts
Did you have a OEM replacement? For the OEM, they have OEM windshield cement they use. The color should be the same for the adhesive. I don't think there is any going back now. It's on there for good. Some overage of adhesives is normal. Each company has their own policy though. If you had it done under the insurance company, complain and have them re-do it.

M32NV said:
Had my windshield replaced a week ago and now on the edges where the windshield meets the A pillar i can see the black adhesive. Some spots are worse than others. Very noticeable in the sun too. Is it something that in considered normal after windshield replacement or should it be a very clean finish where the windshield comes in contact with the A pillars?

Thanks for the help guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Mac Fly said:


curious? did you get it replaced with OEM glass? rain sensor? how much/!

thx
I'm in the Toronto area so I'm (roughly) converting Canadian $ prices into $US. The replacement was OEM glass with rain sensor and cost $250. There was also a repair set that cost $80. The dealership charged for 3 hours labor.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top