BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im deciding which springs to get. can somebody help me by posting some pictures with either setups? (i've got a sedan w/o sports suspension). does dropping require any camber kit?

intrax: 1.6 front - 1.2 rear
H&R: 2.0 front - 1.4 rear

(also if you're selling)

·
Registered
64 Posts
i say intrax for looks and h&r for comfort..but seriously, i had both and i stay with the intrax cuz h&r, the rear is just too high..even though u remove the 2 spring pads in the back, the rear is still ugly..intrax are not as comfortable as a ride but the drop is as nice as coilover..if u want, pm me your email and i can send u pictures..

·
Registered
956 Posts
Intrax Sports...ride quality is awesome. i heard some people saying that the h&r race arent comfortable, but they give a good drop. :dunno:

btw: trunk is empty :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BiMMeR323ci2000 said:
Intrax Sports...ride quality is awesome. i heard some people saying that the h&r race arent comfortable, but they give a good drop. :dunno:

btw: trunk is empty :thumbup:
wow they settled a bit since the thread where u posted your "new rims" with no caps. im liking the intrax. i already have a set, its just i've seen alot more H&R users and they look fly.

·
Registered
956 Posts
mister wiggles said:
wow they settled a bit since the thread where u posted your "new rims" with no caps. im liking the intrax. i already have a set, its just i've seen alot more H&R users and they look fly.
yeah they have. i love 'em. you cant go wrong with either set bro, so just go for it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
another question. how much should shocks and spring install run for? do i needa get an allignment job too? roughly how much should i be lookin to spend?

·
Registered
956 Posts
mister wiggles said:
another question. how much should shocks and spring install run for? do i needa get an allignment job too? roughly how much should i be lookin to spend?

i installed my springs myself with a friend. real easy diy. just check the diy forum. took about 3 hours. if you pay someone it should be around 150-200 for the install, make sure you get shocks and springs in at the same time so they wont double charge you :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BiMMeR323ci2000 said:
i installed my springs myself with a friend. real easy diy. just check the diy forum. took about 3 hours. if you pay someone it should be around 150-200 for the install, make sure you get shocks and springs in at the same time so they wont double charge you :thumbup:

just out of curiousity, did u install the springs so the words/letters were rightside up or upside down? im getting very tempted to try this DIY. i've been quoted 240 and 280 for install. PLUS i gotta get allignment done too.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Can someone please post pics of their h&r springs on a coupe with 19s in the rear? I need to see how low the rear gets with these springs... im looking for springs that barely drop the back, just drop the front, because my back is already dropped from my system...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts