E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I recently purchased an H & R Touring Cup Kit for my 2004 325i convertible w/o factory sport package. H & R says this kit would lower the car 1.3" F and 1.2" R. I think the kit lowered the car even more, like maybe 2.0" F and R. Needless to say, bumps and dips in the road are an issue, even my own driveway is a challenge getting in and out without the car bottoming out. I have BMW Style 189 wheels(staggered), and while the car looks good, I think it's to low. So my question is, what needs to be done to bring the car up a bit? Can I try different springs with the Cup Kit, or do I need to start all over and go with a different set-up. Any opinions or advice. Pics of before/after attached. Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great handling with my 330i ZHP with the H&R cup set up, but it is a FIRM ride. Its tight and it is lower than I would like also. I am going to be swapping them out at some point, still researching options. Some good advice was given in this thread:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
You can install thicker spring pads. Won't be able to get much height back with them, but it's an option.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the H&R sport cup kit on my zhp and it did drop the ride height close to 2 inches.
I dont find it harsh riding at all, though my roads are smooth and my other cars ride much more stiffer. The zhp is my daily

1 - 8 of 8 Posts