E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i had Exact Motorsport install my new shocks and springs. It's suppose to lower the front by .75" in the front and .25" in the back. But my front looks like it is raised, rather lower. Is this normal? Will it sink? :dunno:

ALso, if anyone wants to get rid of ther stress bars, let me know...:eeps:

·
Registered
440 Posts
yes..it will sink...my front is more lowered than my rear. i wish my rear was a little bit more lower...but i guess if you just want to get rid of the wheel gap, the hr sport/bilsten is the way the go

correct if i'm wrong, but i heard that the bilstein shocks are the best quality shocks...and these shocks sits a little bit higher than other shocks...*shrugs*

·
Registered
301 Posts
Actually I did a search on this forum about shocks ...

I think people recommend Koni over Bilistein because of it's adjustability and sit lower ...

but both products are in great quality !!
nothing will go wrong with any of them :D

enjoy e46Young0ne !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
springs and shocks

I have been trying to do some research, but no luck. So what your are saying Choson1 is that my front will not lower less that the stock height? Does anyone out there have the same setup? :dunno:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cRAzYgUy said:
yes..it will sink...my front is more lowered than my rear. i wish my rear was a little bit more lower...but i guess if you just want to get rid of the wheel gap, the hr sport/bilsten is the way the go

correct if i'm wrong, but i heard that the bilstein shocks are the best quality shocks...and these shocks sits a little bit higher than other shocks...*shrugs*
Crazyguy, but will my front drop lower than the original height? From my understanding, it should have dropped .75 inchs, right?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cRAzYgUy said:

Also crazyguy, I was told the reason the back does not drop as much is that the back drops a little more when it is in Drive.

·
Registered
492 Posts
No they shouldn't raise the front of the car up more than 1/4" at the very most. I'd suspect that they put the spring carrier on backwards.

The back is another story, my rear-end lifted by a good 1/2".

·
Registered
492 Posts
My drop with 29484s and bilstein sports was correct from the moment they were installed. And they did *not* settle. Ever. I'd be very careful and double check that they installed them properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your Drop

obLu said:
My drop with 29484s and bilstein sports was correct from the moment they were installed. And they did *not* settle. Ever. I'd be very careful and double check that they installed them properly.
What did you use to drop your car? Thats how i want it to look like.

·
Registered
152 Posts
well you should know that OBLU has HnR sport springs...BUT remember, his car is a convertible, so it WILL drop lower than a non-convert-coupe. From what ive heard, after u put 18s or 19s on your car after HnR sports, the wheel gap will be gone. do a search on dou9n5un's Tiag 330ci. it looks sweet and he has HnR sport w/ 18" hm2s.

·
Registered
375 Posts
if you're gonna go the HR/Bilstein setup... why not just do the cupkit and save yourself some dough. the cupkit comes with HR springs and tuned bilstein shocks. i don't know why people choose to buy those components separately.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts