E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok....so the other day i put some Eibach Sportline springs on...i liked the look and ride but got a change to get some H&R Race springs (50484-88)

I just swapped the H&R springs in.....took it for a drive and "worked" the suspension...lol

Now the drop is a lot lower than the Eibachs which was supposed to have a MUCH lower drop than these.

To top it all off the rear is lower than the front! :censor: :banghead:

could these be really old?

here are some pics

H&R

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
When I had my H&R Race's, the rear was a lot higher than the front...I think because the springs were for the non-sport suspension which is why they were awkward. These look perfect! Judging by the side skirts the car looks even, still retaining that bit of rake from the factory.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
that's how my H&R coilovers on my zhp were.

·
Registered
9 Posts
People need to realize that the wheel arches in the rear are lower than the ones in the front.. so if the car is level, it looks like the rear is lower, but its not..

your car looks great man.. dont sweat it..

next time buy some coilovers :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've seen H&R springs on a coupe and the rear appeared to look lower than the front. Sportlines the front comes down lower than the rear. Can't win either way! lol.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yea that looks right. To be quite honest you seemed to have lucked out. As its known most H&R stances tend to have a more "raked" look, yours looks fairly even and very nice. I think some ppl like that, I personally dont so I removed my lower pad for the rear springs.

Did you buy the springs used?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea that looks right. To be quite honest you seemed to have lucked out. As its known most H&R stances tend to have a more "raked" look, yours looks fairly even and very nice. I think some ppl like that, I personally dont so I removed my lower pad for the rear springs.

Did you buy the springs used?
Yea i bought them used...i ended up pulling them off.

I put on a H&R sport cup kit

:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts