BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i'm running 18 inch bbs lm rep's on my zhp with a 35 offset in front and 38 offset in back, i was wondering which springs would give the car a more flushed drop. i'm eventually getting my koni's adj shocks in anyway so worrying about my stock shocks arent gonna be an issue. i've seen some folks run on 19's and 18's with h&r sport and it looked flush and i've also seen other people ride on h&r race with 18's and it also looked really flush. any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I say go for the Race.. better drop then the sport.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't see the sport springs giving enough of a drop. 0.75" in the front? Not even enough to cover the gap. I've seen them installed on a car w/sports package and the gap is still quite obvious

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I don't see the sport springs giving enough of a drop. 0.75" in the front? Not even enough to cover the gap. I've seen them installed on a car w/sports package and the gap is still quite obvious
not ture.
race will tuck in tires little but sport will just delete the gap.
oem sport suspension + 19 + H&R sport springs(29484)

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,545 Posts
The race will eliminate all of your wheel gap and even give your wheels a bit of a tuck. The sports will be less of a drastic drop and leave a tiny gap all around. If you really want to slam your car, go with the race. If you want a more even drop, go with the sports.

Check out the product pages below for specific drop heights:

H&R Race

H&R Sport

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
dont forget the ride quality associated with sport/race springs. the race springs are very stiff. as long as you can deal with feeling more bumps, more expansion joints, and other road imperfections, race is great. also, the bumps endured with said race springs will have an accelerated effect on your strut towers, shock mounts, and everything else they connect to on both ends. trade offs man, trade offs. ive got h&r race in my jetta and love it. those negatives are acceptable for me in the vw. car does handle much better now. but watch for large bumps/dips. the lowered suspension really doesent like it! post up some pics when you get it all set. btw, dont forget the alignment.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
H&R race makes the drop look great, but it is a very agressive drop just know that going into it. I think it things depend on the roads your also driving on, if your driving in war zone then obviously the race is not the best springs to get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts