BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know how it broke, and why it broke.
Now my brand new SO3's are rubbing like a motha****a.

Could this have hapenend while i was doing donuts? :eeps:

·
Banned
543 Posts
If it did happen while you were doing donuts, it is not your fault. It would have broken regardless because there is a manufacture defect.

On every single H&R kit for the E46 M3 that I have seen, there has been a problem with the rear spring perches breaking/cracking. We refuse to sell H&R coilovers for that model car because of that. You can contact your H&R dealer for replacement of the part but there is no guarantees that it will remain intact.

I think what is refered to as the tensioner is the 2-pc spring perch which is what enables you to adjust the height.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
what just a second lolllllllllllllllllll

i have h&r coilovers and live in bklyn new york where the streets are like mine fields and i have the coilovers on my 2003m3 for around a year now. and my coilovers are just fine. going over the potholes and pumps of the city streets. so don't think very h& r coilovers are bad. i am going strong with my set babyyyyyyyyyy
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: what just a second lolllllllllllllllllll

bobm3 said:
i have h&r coilovers and live in bklyn new york where the streets are like mine fields and i have the coilovers on my 2003m3 for around a year now. and my coilovers are just fine. going over the potholes and pumps of the city streets. so don't think very h& r coilovers are bad. i am going strong with my set babyyyyyyyyyy
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

I've had mine for a year and a half now, the ride and comfort was excellent. I never even expected this to happen. O well, im thinkin of sellin the ride soon.

·
Registered
93 Posts
RENNsport said:
If it did happen while you were doing donuts, it is not your fault. It would have broken regardless because there is a manufacture defect.

On every single H&R kit for the E46 M3 that I have seen, there has been a problem with the rear spring perches breaking/cracking. We refuse to sell H&R coilovers for that model car because of that. You can contact your H&R dealer for replacement of the part but there is no guarantees that it will remain intact.

I think what is refered to as the tensioner is the 2-pc spring perch which is what enables you to adjust the height.

The H&R perch cracked on my E46 M3 passenger side. However...H&R did send replacement perches for both sides. I inspected these perches and they are re-designed and much thicker and stronger.

They also provide you with a plastic washer that goes in between the spring and perch.

I would think they put this in their new coilover kit by now.

In addition, I know somebody with a 330 that had this same problem also...so I don't know if it is limited to the M3's.

This problem is with the older perches from H&R...I think the new ones are good.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I got H&Rs too. Had some clunking in the beginning, but it went away. I agree with BobM3, great ride and performance. Sorry about your luck. I havent tried donuts in my M3 yet, haha.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts