BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many members on this board have hid conversion fog lights?
and Which brand is the best?

·
Nymphomaniac
310 Posts
I have the Philips HID kit and it is very easy, plug and play. The 9006 fog light harness plugs right into the balasts. I have seen some of the Catz HID kit and that requires you to run wires for ground and to the battery.

·
Sienna Red Coupe
6,602 Posts
tquach said:
I have the Philips HID kit and it is very easy, plug and play. The 9006 fog light harness plugs right into the balasts. I have seen some of the Catz HID kit and that requires you to run wires for ground and to the battery.
any pics? were can i order them? i think i may be interested in these.

·
Registered
391 Posts
got the catz 6000K. works fine.. matches the 6000K Xenon... plug and play.. no cutting of wires... must change ya fog lamp fuse to 20 amp tho... thats about it... oh yeah.. bought it from visualdynamics.ca

·
Registered
536 Posts
Mine are 4600K type Philips which I purchased thru a group buy at this supplier.

Straightforward install (plug and play) and no hassles (warning lamp issue or anything). Very satisfying!!:thumbup:

If my memory serves me, cost me around ~$ 500.

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
Woah...I'm lookin @ this site and it has the ballast for $100 and a bulb for $80...so thats $360 for a whole set right?

There are 2 ballast units, one has no price.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I put catz galaxy white bulbs for my fog lights.
Not as good as real xenon but they matches to my stock HID pretty good.
Saved lots $$$ and time.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Catz 6000 h.i.d was $550 from Visualdynamics -- group buy.... Is Philips better than Catz ?? I dunno... maybe someone here tried them both...

·
'a certain moderator'
37,714 Posts
if i run HID fogs, and aim them properly, can they be as bright (or nearly as road illuminating) as stock headlamps?

i dont have xenons, and would love to run my fogs alone, with some nice cathode DDE's :D

·
Registered
536 Posts
The set I got fit perfectly in the housing. No modification done and was a direct replacement of the stock foglight bulb.

·
Mod Squad
12,558 Posts
^^ I don't know if that would be possible, now if you could fit some Xenon projectors in your fog light housing with a little modification, it would be a lot better than just spreading out Xenon light without much focus to it, because from my understanding the way the reflectors are set up in the fogs is to produce a wide, but short distance pattern (turn on just your fogs and see).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts