BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you notice a noticable change in engine power or is mainly just the sound.

I cant seem to find dynos just for intakes, all dynos are intake + software

·
Registered
67 Posts
I noticed a difference. Not at first, but after I switched back to the stock airbox for a while thats when I could tell a difference in the throttle response.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,962 Posts
well i have just a intake on my car

and i felt a little more power in the upper rpm's range not much.
i just got the shark injecter am puting into my car sat. so i will
see how that affects the engine soon.
i think each perf. mod makes a little change. i guess you have to get a compo of things to really feel a change like at lease 2 to 5 things to really feel a difference.
perf intake
comp. softwear
lighter fly wheel
pullies
larger throttle boddies
larger rear end gear
perf. exhaust with headers
more of these things and the more you will feel a change but
remember it can cost alot for some of these mod's. hehehe
you have to pay to play with the big boys lollllllllllllllll
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Rogue Engineering
2,426 Posts
I just have the Gruppe M on my 330...definately noticed a difference with no software. The only reason I dont have software is I am waiting for the Technik to come out for the 03-...

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have just the ECIS intake, seems to have a little more pull mid to high end. Cold weather has been the best mod, on cold mornings, I can feel the engine is more alive.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I installed my DINAN CAI two weeks before I had the software installed. I noticed a differance. Not a $350 differance but a differance none the less. A little bit quicker off the line, more muscle at high speeds, and a much deeper roar at lower RPMs than before the software. All in all I think the cost of CAI and software for a BMW is a complete RIP OFF but what are you going to do. Luckly I was able to buy my CAI for $200 (used in very good shape) so I guess it was worth it.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Straz 330Ci said:
I just have the Gruppe M on my 330...definately noticed a difference with no software. The only reason I dont have software is I am waiting for the Technik to come out for the 03-...
like u im thinking about the gruppe M technik combo as well but they dont make the software for for our cars so im wondering if it comes out would renn-sport give us a discount on the software if we already bought the intake? is the technik stage 1 cheaper than buying intake/chip seperate?
thanks

·
www.piratecove.org
3,699 Posts
if you contact rennsport, and bought a gruppem from them, they'll cut you a little break on the software and give it to you for $350.

i dont have it yet, but i talked to sam about that awhile back.

that will prolly be my christmas gift to myself :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts