BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
2,319 Posts
there's a conversion kit you can buy. It's hideously overpriced and barely gives you an edge over a plain M3. Monster, yes, but the amount you pay for it makes it not even close to worth it.

·
The Whirlwind
473 Posts
It's really really expensive, and not even that much quicker than a stock M3 compared with how much you have to spend to get the freaking conversion. Also, some of the mods that they put on look bad, namely the mirrors.

·
Banned
2,061 Posts
Waste of money. I'm guessing you have no intentions of purchasing it anyway.

For that kind of money you could build a cup racer.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
kev330cisport said:
Guys what do you know about the Hartge 50?
I've driven one :nyah:

Actually, I know the guy who developed it and builds it... he did most of the work on my car.

Originally posted by Dave
there's a conversion kit you can buy. It's hideously overpriced and barely gives you an edge over a plain M3. Monster, yes, but the amount you pay for it makes it not even close to worth it.
You can not buy a kit and install it yourself if that's what you meant. It only takes two weeks to build the car. I say build rather than convert because Hartge is a manufacturer and when they're done it's a Hartge H50 and not a BMW any more. Problem is Hartge hasn't been building any for awhile now. No market right now :sad:

BIMMERWHORE
Just an M3 with a bodykit, wheels, and M5 powertrain. Not worth the six figures they charge.
More to it than that. One of the last ones I know that Hartge sold wasn't much more than the e46 M3 CSL.

TaiFong
It's really really expensive, and not even that much quicker than a stock M3 compared with how much you have to spend to get the freaking conversion. Also, some of the mods that they put on look bad, namely the mirrors.
Definitely not true. I've driven the M3, M5, and the H50. The H50 is much quicker... much quicker... :D

All this really doesn't matter though because like the e46 M3 CSL, you can't get one in the States.

·
Registered
98 Posts
didnt they steal it from racing dynamics

·
TiAg 330i
567 Posts
Re: Re: Guys what do you know about the Hartge 50?

Steve said:

All this really doesn't matter though because like the e46 M3 CSL, you can't get one in the States.
May be you can get it from Germany as a special import, but you either have to insure it yourself or find an insurance company willing to cover it. I know you have legally import cars not sold in US as special import.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Re: Re: Guys what do you know about the Hartge 50?

Steve said:

I've driven one :nyah:

Actually, I know the guy who developed it and builds it... he did most of the work on my car.

You can not buy a kit and install it yourself if that's what you meant. It only takes two weeks to build the car. I say build rather than convert because Hartge is a manufacturer and when they're done it's a Hartge H50 and not a BMW any more. Problem is Hartge hasn't been building any for awhile now. No market right now :sad:

More to it than that. One of the last ones I know that Hartge sold wasn't much more than the e46 M3 CSL.

Definitely not true. I've driven the M3, M5, and the H50. The H50 is much quicker... much quicker... :D

You know Herbert Hartge? Thats pretty cool, the market is pretty bad for them, but just a little question, how much does the conversion cost? because I-m a hartge deaer and I don't even get those prices...

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Guys what do you know about the Hartge 50?

Carlos ///Mtech said:
You know Herbert Hartge?
You don't think Herr Hartge actually does the wrench turning do you? :)

As far as what the current cost would be, I couldn't say. You'd have to speak to your sales person at Hartge or you can PM me and I'll talk to a salesman there I know and ask. What I said was the last one that I knew was sold was around that price. That doesn't mean if you call them tomorrow and commision one the price would be the same.

Find out about my car
here or on
my website. If you like what you see, please
vote for my car here.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well I don't know I'd liek to imagine if i owned a company liek that one day and i got an order such as this one I'd have the pleasure to do it myself..

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Carlos ///Mtech said:
Well I don't know I'd liek to imagine if i owned a company liek that one day and i got an order such as this one I'd have the pleasure to do it myself..
Me too. I don't want it to sound like Herr Hartge doesn't do any of it either, but I do know who builds/built the H50's. There's always different projects going on at Hartge which he may get into himself, I just don't know. The last time I was there they had some very nice full restorations in work.

Find out about my car
here or on
my website. If you like what you see, please
vote for my car here.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Im really eager to see Hartge up to levels of Hamann and such... I think they have such potential, but jsut lack of something, i havent found what it is just as im sure they havent, I reckon if they produce their UnionJack rims for e46 sizes...
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
or is it just you?
606 Posts
Man, how can you be so hooked up at Hartge and have all that ACS stuff?? :D

I wouldn't let you drive my H50 with you pulling up on some ACS wheels!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts