E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a e46 and I want to change the style so I get all the advises that I can get. my options now are:
Paint the wheels black.
Paint the grill black.
Pain the bumpers as the same color as the car.

I accept all the advises so I attached some pictures and you can get one idea how the car looks now.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
That's a good looking car. I wouldn't change anything. And instead focus on insuring service and maintenance items are current i.e. cooling system, pre-cat O2 sensors, transmissions and diff service, brake flush, etc. And enjoy!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks fantastic as is! Love the color... silver grey? Buy a set of black front kidneys if you want... leave the wheels alone. That car is 17 years old... things are going to fail and is most likely needing items you are unaware of yet.

Reactions: TripleDigits

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I wouldn't even touch the grill. The chrome looks fine in combination with the color of the car.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I think your ZHP looks fantastic as well. I wouldn't change anything on the exterior. I would make sure all maintenance items are taken care of and weak spots like the cooling system are sorted out. That way you'll have a great running car. Good luck.

·
Registered
'04 330ci 6MT
753 Posts
Don't cheapen it by painting the wheels and grill black. Make it reliable again by refreshing the cooling system. Make it drive like new again by refreshing the suspension and bushings. Make it last by regularly changing the oil and filters. Enjoy driving it.

·
Registered
2002 330i 5 Speed
518 Posts
Please just leave the car, don't rice it out. Maybe black grills but that's it. Upgrade shifter and stuff like that will make the car so much better.

·
Registered
147 Posts
spend the time getting the mechanicals in tip-top shape. That car is beautiful.
The car looks fantastic! why ruin it by painting this and that. I would love to have the car I just got, look like this. I am spending $100's and many many hours to get my Base back to something not even remotely close to this. I will trade you!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a red ZHP, It took me days to remove a spray coat to stock rims keep them original, don t have a pic loaded but did fine four 2011 X3 stock rims at salvage yard that had been powder coated gloss black cool looking design and got 17" to boot. 47mm offset right, bore right an black is kinda the new look with red cars. !7" rims give best all around performance

·
Registered
49 Posts
You have staggered 8 by 8.5" rims, on X3 all 8" rims so just did 225 front and 235 x 17 rears for same effect good traction as well

·
Registered
49 Posts
I also found may black gloss, semi and flats new sets for M3 and ZHP staggered 18" for cheap, I bought set for previous ZHP and worked out great for that black look

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks fantastic as is! Love the color... silver grey? Buy a set of black front kidneys if you want... leave the wheels alone. That car is 17 years old... things are going to fail and is most likely needing items you are unaware of yet.
Yes the color is Silvergrau metallic

·
Registered
328Ci
234 Posts
I recently bought a e46 and I want to change the style so I get all the advises that I can get. my options now are:
Paint the wheels black.
Paint the grill black.
Pain the bumpers as the same color as the car.
If you absolutely must do something to make it sportier bolt one of these to the front bumper:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts