E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TiAg 330i
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i head out late this morning so i had to drive fast. The morning traffic was a bit slow. Anyhow, a chevy suv (i believe a trailblazer) was following close all the way. As I stepped off ramp onto hwy, i was surprised it can follow me bumper to bumper from 30 to 70, i guess the uphill helped, it got nothing after 70. But the interesting part was the WRX. i was getting on ramp and saw a WRX. i guess he saw my aggressive way of exiting the ramp and decided to play. When road opened up, he pulled away from 55 to 100mph. Initially, I fell behind from 55-90, but the gap closely very quickly from 90. At 100, it doesn't pull anymore, but I can feel my 330 still have tons of power left. We see-sew for a while. WRX is def much quicker off the line initially, but doesn't hold well at high speeds (i mean 100+). The 330 holds extremely well on ramps at 100mph and I am running on 215/45R17 snow tires. I can't wait to put the summers on. Today is a fun day.:D

·
unregistered user
793 Posts
Yeah I was up in Detroit last month and I can't believe how people drive there! You guys are nuts! Cutting traffic...sudden lane changes...all at 90 mph...it's was way worse than any other part of the country I've been to...east or west coast. Well, ok NYC and parts of NJ were nuts too- but it seemed like on I-75 I was the slow guy and I was doing 80. Gotta go fast so they don't strip the car of all your parts down on 7 mile road huh! :lmao:

·
Registered
323 Posts
I drive my brother's WRX all the time. I hate the gearing on that thing. On the freeway doing like 60, you have kind of pickup at all, even if you downshift to 4th. You to shift to like third to get any kind of power.

jk330i - Only in a straight line. That's mean little unless you are a constant drag racer. Do the other cars offer a mix of sport, luxury, and refinement and brand image like BMW does? Not quite. Almost, but not quite. :thumbup: Don't worry, our BMWs are still a hell of a car!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
funkeycold said:
I drive my brother's WRX all the time. I hate the gearing on that thing. On the freeway doing like 60, you have kind of pickup at all, even if you downshift to 4th. You to shift to like third to get any kind of power.

jk330i - Only in a straight line. That's mean little unless you are a constant drag racer. Do the other cars offer a mix of sport, luxury, and refinement and brand image like BMW does? Not quite. Almost, but not quite. :thumbup: Don't worry, our BMWs are still a hell of a car!
:werd:

·
Registered
874 Posts
WRX were never designed for the autobahn....You don't need to be going 150 mph on a rally course or when flying through national forest.

·
Registered
325 Posts
WRX is sort of a dumbed down WRC car. It's all about handling fun, especially on bumpy roads. You can't compare it to our cars, even though magazines always do. The turbo engine is nice, but really, it's just as fun with the weaker 2.5RS engine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts