BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pretty internet savvy, byt cant for the life of me find where to buy a GTR rear bumper that matches up to me e46 m3 without the widebody kit. I have found custom made posts, and other posts of people asking the same thing, but no answers. Anyone know where I can order one? I was going to call dtm-spec, but they dont have a number and it seems they are swamped playing catch up with back orders anyway.

Thanks in advance anyone.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Well since the GTR is a wide body design, I have to assume you would need a wide body kit, or at least wide rear fenders. I think that in order to get the GTR rear to fit a standard M3 is alot more work than it will be worth, but if you do it, post some pics for us to see:thumbsup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well since the GTR is a wide body design, I have to assume you would need a wide body kit, or at least wide rear fenders. I think that in order to get the GTR rear to fit a standard M3 is alot more work than it will be worth, but if you do it, post some pics for us to see:thumbsup:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yes, ive seen this car multiple times, I'm not 100% sure but I believe those rear fenders are wider then the OEM ones, I may be wrong though.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yes you're wrong. There was a guy on the forums who actually made those bumpers and fenders from OEM parts. Can't remember his username but if you search for it in the show room his name should pop up. I'll try and find it in a bit. But you WILL NOT find those on any site to buy. Totally custom. The blue one posted up top was made at his body shop by his guys. Like I said, you won't find this for sale anywhere new. You might manage to buy one used but they are totally custom and not cheap

Edit: I lied, that blue one I'm not sure about, there was a phoenix yellow one that was done at his shop. Here is the link for the guy who was making those bumpers afaik. That's the only place I've ever seen them offered in the last 4 years.

http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706682

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yes you're wrong. There was a guy on the forums who actually made those bumpers and fenders from OEM parts. Can't remember his username but if you search for it in the show room his name should pop up. I'll try and find it in a bit. But you WILL NOT find those on any site to buy. Totally custom. The blue one posted up top was made at his body shop by his guys. Like I said, you won't find this for sale anywhere new. You might manage to buy one used but they are totally custom and not cheap

Edit: I lied, that blue one I'm not sure about, there was a phoenix yellow one that was done at his shop. Here is the link for the guy who was making those bumpers afaik. That's the only place I've ever seen them offered in the last 4 years.

http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706682
I think you're right about the blue one. I remember seeing his thread when he had the custom work done. His name was Travis I think?

EDIT: Travis_Twerke i think, or something like that.

·
Registered
28,945 Posts
Just take your car as it is to a body shop and ask them to cut those GTR slits... It's a simple custom job.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Just take your car as it is to a body shop and ask them to cut those GTR slits... It's a simple custom job.
Yeah, I would go talk to a shop, show 'em pics of these and see what they say price wise. Atleast you can see what he was selling them for price reference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts