BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In german forums i read about a guy...

He flash the automatic transmission ecu gs 20..

He flash it with the latest software and did some changes...

He change the switch time , the home pressure and the pressure for the torque converter clutch... aaand he did modified the software that the torque converter is complete closed at the 4th and 5th gear when you a faster as 34mph.. the only thing that i know is that he used a file with the latest changes of the ecu from a x5..

He mean he have a inpa file... with this inpa file he can see pressure voltage and resistance of the valves ?!

So is it a true story or what is it? He do it all over the software! No hardware modifications or extra electric!

Many peoples are drive over 300 miles to him and he flashed the transmission ecu over obd!

All mean its great! Drivers with diesel or petrol... drivers of x5 x3 e46 e39...

Is it a real story? What is the magic in it? My idea is that he done changes on the eeprom... but is it real?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had bought a transmission ecu from this guy.. i had vibration between 40 and 50 mph .. the converter clutch close early.. at 39mph... but its shit.. the revulotion synch. Is bullshit.. he will not give money back...... i can u give the winkfp software number wich is another after his *upgrade*

I think he flash a other version to the tcu...

I think he cant program the shifting points or the pressure...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
His name is kgb44 an he write in e46fanatics.de and e46-forum.de

But he is not friendly.. he think he is the men.. he talked to me... love his ecu tuning or leave it...

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
He´s a friend of mine ;) The problem with your setup is, you´re reare axle bushings are gone, causing those vibrations. A friend had the exact same problem at his 330dA and after overhauling the rear axle, its gone. The software is actually worth it and doing a good job. Its pretty sad he doesn´t take it back, though.

Its a stock software from a different BMW car without modifications ;) Right now i´m not aware of anyone being able to tune the gearbox and i just started disassembling it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi so does anyone know for sure if 5l40 update for tcc lock in 4th and 5th is just stock software from later car?
If so should be able to flash it with winfkp?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
889 Posts
Does anyone know what are the performance differences between the X5 and E46 GS20 firmware? Would the stock X5 firmware serve as a slight “tune” if used on the E46?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
olzah made a TunerPro definitions for this GM A5S390R almost a year ago. (post #24 at thread E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning > Checksumm correction at TCU? *done* ) Maybe it is a follow-up of that previous effort.

I would appreciate the possibility of GS20 tuning. I have an Eco tuning MOD in my GS20 TCU from Eduard/Germany that locks TC in 4th and 5th gears from cca 60 kmh (+/- 38mph) instead of from 100 kmh (+/-60mph) and automatically adjust and increase TCC activation pressure when slipping is detected but I wish to have it more fine tuned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know what are the performance differences between the X5 and E46 GS20 firmware? Would the stock X5 firmware serve as a slight “tune” if used on the E46?

I do not know, but maybe some my notes could start some ideas. The E53 is heavier than E46 and it has different max speed so there will be difference in the maps containing speed related shifts and climbing and down hill driving detection. Maybe a speed related torque delivery maps would be shifted a bit according the different max speeds. I cannot afford to tell the effect of E53 GS20 calibration in E46 body now. Maybe after comparing those calibration maps for both body versions can one tell. See some of the maps in the TunerPro maps picture that olzah shared in 02/2018 in the thread noted in my post higher...

·
Registered
889 Posts
olzah made a TunerPro definitions for this GM A5S390R almost a year ago. (post #24 at thread E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning > Checksumm correction at TCU? *done* ) Maybe it is a follow-up of that previous effort.

I would appreciate the possibility of GS20 tuning. I have an Eco tuning MOD in my GS20 TCU from Eduard/Germany that locks TC in 4th and 5th gears from cca 60 kmh (+/- 38mph) instead of from 100 kmh (+/-60mph) and automatically adjust and increase TCC activation pressure when slipping is detected but I wish to have it more fine tuned.

Check your PM

1 - 20 of 23 Posts