BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my GruppeM intake today.....
picked it up at samirs garage n saw his ride.....his ride is sick...!!!
Got the kevlar one(newer ones) they are yellow checkered...cant wait to go back to boston to install it!!:D:D:D
Anyone else got this w/o chip....does it produce gains w/o ECU??

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think most of us folks who spent $500 on an intake have already gotten some engine software. I recommend this for you soonest. I think some who have CAIs w/out software have had check engine lights come up as a result.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Technik said:
Software is NOT required...gains of 4-5 % are realized with stock computer. The intake will not cause any fault codes to appear.
I am not going to contradict you, but I know that when I was researching CAIs, that I read some posts from folks who got CELs when running intakes w/out software.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm running the GruppeM on my ride with out software and UUC TSExhaust and no Check Engine Lights have appeared so far. Performance is definitely improved particularly above 3,500 rpm. However, software for both engine and tranny are on my wish list, currently not available on Guam. :(

·
yuppie racing
1,927 Posts
what other engine software is easiily available besides the DINAN software??? And honestly how many people with a GrouppeM have the dinan stage 2 software to go with it? Technically, dinan is not supposed to sell the stage 2 software without their own CAI. I know some got hooked up and there are exceptions (ghostrider). I say easliy available, because not all of us can go out to Socal for the Technick ECU. If you ask me I dont think they would make CAI's for our cars and have them all set off fault codes, if the makers didnt include ECU enhancements that came with it.

knock on wood- I get my grouppeM on thursday and now I proly just jinxed myself about the whole fault code thing.......

·
Registered
356 Posts
GruppeM Intake

I forgot to mention earlier that I do hear a slight "coughing" "burping" sound when I shut the engine off. Anyone else with a GruppeM intake notice this? or know what that is? I'm just assuming it was always there, just couldn't hear it with the stock intake.:confused:

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn....samir how much is ur technik ecu??? can i get that installed anywhere else if i buy that from u? in case dinan wont give out stg 2 ecu.....

so no CELs correct? it wont f#ck up my engine w/o any ecu chip?

·
Party Times!
1,799 Posts
Yea i am wondering the same thing, i am getting the gruppem in the group buy right now and i am not planning on doing any software upgrades (at least until shark comes out....) so will i be fine w intake and w/o software?

·
moderation in all things
908 Posts
Re: GruppeM Intake

Banker said:
I forgot to mention earlier that I do hear a slight "coughing" "burping" sound when I shut the engine off. Anyone else with a GruppeM intake notice this? or know what that is? I'm just assuming it was always there, just couldn't hear it with the stock intake.:confused:
yes, it's normal.

·
E46Fanatic
3,129 Posts
tricxe46 said:
damn....samir how much is ur technik ecu??? can i get that installed anywhere else if i buy that from u? in case dinan wont give out stg 2 ecu.....

so no CELs correct? it wont f#ck up my engine w/o any ecu chip?
yeah, would we be able to send out the ECU?

·
Banned
2,277 Posts
Technik said:
Software is NOT required...gains of 4-5 % are realized with stock computer. The intake will not cause any fault codes to appear.
I cannot vouch for other intakes such as ECIS, etc., but the GruppeM intake WILL NOT set off any fault codes, I guarantee this 100%. We have never had a single complaint/problem running these intakes...I myself have been running the GruppeM on my own car for almost a year with flawless operation.

The factory computer is quite competent in being able to adjust for various conditions. The factory engineers have to compensate for practically every condition possible, whether it be 100 degree weather at sea level or 30 below at 10,000 ft above. Even installing more in depth mods such as camshafts, headers, cylinder heads, etc. will not set off any faults, provided everything is properly installed <= emphasis <b>properly</b>.

If the situation presents itself that the DME does throw a fault, it is due to a prexisting problem, or improper installation.

·
Banned
2,277 Posts
StreetTrixE4six said:

yeah, would we be able to send out the ECU?
Unfortunately, since we are located in LA, this download is only available locally. We only offer flash programming and do not take apart ECUs by means of soldering/de-soldering the Eprom (this can be risky).

·
Registered
63 Posts
I picked up my CAI from Samir today as well. Thanks Samir. BTW I forgot to say your car looks awesome. At first I though it was an M3 but I realized you had four doors.

I installed it tonight and I love it. I had doubts with modding my car because I have this way of rationalizing the need for car stuff. I'm glad I did it. Now I have another problem. Now I need more stuff.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
man....:( I need to get back home n install this biatch in my ride.....damn it:banghead: I WANNA GO HOMEEEEEEEE!!!!:mad:
oh yea Samir....what ECU software u recommend with the gruppeM I have 3.0 manual.....R u runnin on any softwares??

Oh yea...dont forget to give me the DIY link
P.S. I am not mr. handy man at all...so guide me with the easiest step by step instructions if you can
TIA

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm interested to get this, is it suitable for my 320i 2002 Step??

and do you have DIY details??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts