E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my GruppeM intake.. I am not quite sure if i did the right job installing it. From what i remember Dinan intakes make that whistling sound of sucking in air after revving.. How come GruppeM doesn't make that sound????:banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cry:
or is it that i didn't install it the right way???? Please help.. I do notice some HP gain tho:dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jason330i said:
i definitely hear a hissing sound at lower rpms, then a growling sound at higher rpms...

http://www.renn-sport.net/DIY/GruppeM/e46.htm
But no hissing sound at complete stop after revving?? My friend has a 330Ci with Dinan CAI and a software. His car makes that hissing sound without revving the engine sometimes when it is at complete stop. Maybe only Dinan can do it... :dunno:

·
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar
5,515 Posts
Jano said:
Too funny! Half the people think the hissing sound is the worst feature of CAI's!:D
Hell I love the sound of it, and I just took a drive with the windows down just ti hear my intake and its about 12degrees where I live:lmao:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts