BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
hahah this question has been asked many many time.... do a search for it.. you'll have all ur questions answered and then some :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
moderation in all things
898 Posts
i was faced with this choice as well.

IMHO:

Dinan has the warranty, Dinan is more difficult to install, and software required.

GruppeM is easier to install/remove, no software required, and has slightly better performance.

I picked the GruppeM.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I went with Dinan

Warranty was enough to swing me towards Dinan.

From what I've read, sound like the GruppeM yields more performance gains, but I don't care a whole lot. If I wanted a lot of performance out of my car I should have bought an M3. My 911 gives me the raw speed and racecar feel I need every so often.

·
Alpha Male
6,648 Posts
Re: I went with Dinan

RossaFerrari said:
Warranty was enough to swing me towards Dinan.

From what I've read, sound like the GruppeM yields more performance gains, but I don't care a whole lot. If I wanted a lot of performance out of my car I should have bought an M3. My 911 gives me the raw speed and racecar feel I need every so often.
All good point points.

Keep in mind that when asking these "which do you prefer" questions all if not most replies will be biased towards whatever product the respondant has at the time.

The best yet most difficult thing to do is drive 2 similar cars each with the products you are interested in. i.e. a 325 with a Dinan intake and another 325 with a GruppeM intake.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Re: Re: I went with Dinan

Clem said:
The best yet most difficult thing to do is drive 2 similar cars each with the products you are interested in. i.e. a 325 with a Dinan intake and another 325 with a GruppeM intake.
Wouldn't that be great! I just had an AA exhaust put on. They are a 2 hour drive from my house but it sure was nice going to a place where you can look at, touch, hear the product and talk to someone before you buy.

I've been debating the same choice (Gruppe vs. Dinan). The other issue you might want to consider is software. Some people have found that dealers are unwilling to install Stage 2 Dinan software w/o a Dinan intake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts