Votes: 7 18.9%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need opinions please....

I have 2 options on getting CAI...

I can get a used CF dinan CAI for $300 or GruppeM CAI brand new for $650(not suree on price)

Does the GruppeM have that much more HP gains than Dinan??
anyone have the actual dyno on these 2??

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
i think someone posted the two dynos in the past... gruppeM has been quite popular as of late. I would go with gruppeM for the cf look and dinan discontinued theres... i would want new.... thats just me

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The "avg" (not best, not worst, but middle) dyno run of both showed the GruppeM is clearly better. The difference was 5.3 hp, 2.4 ft-lbs at the rear wheels. Also, there may be a gb for the GruppeM right now, in which case the cost is more like $500. Check www.rennsport.net

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Craig said:
Of those choices id say the Dinan.... but i'd also consider ECIS :thumbup:
y the dinan craig?? does the CAI being used even matters?? does that decrease performance?? I had the ECIS but I sold it...I didnt like it...I think I even felt power loss... but you dont like the GruppeM?or y u say dinan??what do u have....? if i remember correctly u have supercharger?bastard:flipoff: j/k

well im planning to install stage 2 software dinan as well...or what other softwares do u recommend thats inexpensive n perform well with one of these intakes.?..

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
tricxe46 said:

does the CAI being used even matters?? does that decrease performance??
A used cold air intake should not affect performance too much as long as there are no cracks in the cf and the filter is good and close to new. This item probably wears very well compared to other performance mods such as a used exhaust or clutch or headers and cams.

·
moderation in all things
908 Posts
gruppeM at group buy price $495...

:thumbup:

·
moderation in all things
908 Posts
bender said:
damn that crazy $495!

what happened to tera patrick jason??
i felt it was time for a change...

can't stay with one hottie for too long...

:thumbup:

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,835 Posts
Check out the dyno's in my sig. I've seen the power increase from one to the other and I definitly felt a difference. I did it impartially and decided to keep whichever CAI worked out better. The Gruppe M definitly turned out better and overall had a better more aggressive sound to it after 3.5k rpm. under 3.5k it sounds very civilized

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks, Samir. Nice, but not the dramatic differences like Dinan to Gruppe M 325. Why do you think there's a difference? How does it compare to Dinan on 330?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
hey samir so thats the max gains w/o any chips??
whats the best softawre to go with it??

...i dropped u an e-mail thru this website yesterday...and i dropped u a message thru ur webpage in the "contact" today .....i also have a couple of other questions...please get back to me zigen5pwr @aol.com -->just read my e-nmail n mesages... i e-mailed u awhile ago about something else bbs lm acq but never got a respond back

1 - 20 of 25 Posts