E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my GruppeM installed. Took two burly guys, a heat gun, a screwdriver and numerous chipped and torn fingernails to "slip" the coupler onto the filter, but it was well worth it. Car is quiet below 3000 RPM (a slight but innocuous hiss) and just screams above 4000, along with very noticeable additional forward motion. Along with the Dinan TB and Stage 3 software, it's everything I was gunning for.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
They put serial numbers on those now?

:dunno:

Awesome!!!
:pimpin:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The coupler is that #@$%&* red thing that incited my earlier post about what a b***h it was to get on. Now that it is finally in, it is oh-so-sweet. The sound at low speed is more of a faint ringing than a bothersone hiss and is actually quite pleasant. The growl at higher speed is phenomenal. At less than 3000 RPM and certainly with any music, any additional noise is unnoticeable. This thing makes beautiful music and I wouldn't let a concern about any additional noise deter you. The pick-up is just amazing in my car, which was the slowest and heaviest 3er out there. Not any more!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another pic

Pretty in red

Attachments

·
yuppie racing
1,831 Posts
BGReddy00 said:
serial numbers have always been on there I thought
mine doesnt have serial #'s, and neither does any of the pics of seen prior to these. Even the DIY pics on renn-sport's webpage doesnt have them.......

·
HartgE46
719 Posts
Re: Another pic

tcutter said:
Pretty in red
Looks great... Best intake bar none!
Clean up that install a little bit by rotating the fasteners down so they are more conceled.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
I LOVE TO HEAR HER SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
How much for the intake and how much for the software upgradem and install. Thanx

1 - 20 of 28 Posts