E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who has the gruppeM intake, with no performance software? I know if you get the Dinan intake they say that you need new software to compencate for the increased air flow. Does it make a difference and is it needed. Just wondering thanks. :dunno:

·
Registered
870 Posts
02black330i said:
i have the intake w/o the software. no lights came on and i still feel some gain.
Me too. Gruppe M no software. I also noticed that it must be compensating cause my MPG went down about 2 mpg so i must be using more fuel to compensate for the increased airflow.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Blade929 said:

Me too. Gruppe M no software. I also noticed that it must be compensating cause my MPG went down about 2 mpg so i must be using more fuel to compensate for the increased airflow.
MPG should go up:eeps:
but since we like the sound so much it usually goes down :D

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I think that any intake without software loses slight torque in the low rpms. I have actually felt this and it was too strong to be just in my head. Usually an intake without software causes you to lose a tiny bit of low end torque but you gain high end hp. Software compensates for this and adjusts the fuel and air curves accordingly so you can optimize what you have.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,661 Posts
hi i have the gruppe m and

i don't have any softwear yet. still fell like another sport button. at the higher rpm over 5,000 for my m3. dinan rep. told me when you put the softwear in for the comp. chip its like a another super sport mode.
and went to my dealer and they told me no big deal nothing was void on the warrenty. if you get a comp.chip other than dinan or acs. you know a non bmw tuner. that voids the warrenty.
bobm3 ;) ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts