BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this online while researching which intake to get...

http://www.eurowerkz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=169

Message included below:

Dear GruppeM Customers,

Thank you for visiting GruppeM North America.

Unfortunately, due to specification differences between U.S and European vehicles, the (Carbon fiber look) air box intake systems, which were developed and manufactured in the GruppeM (Japan) facility for European specification vehicles, have been found not entirely compatible with vehicles sold in the U.S market.

Specifically, on certain U.S version European vehicle models, no power gain or loss of power has been experienced. In some cases, it resulted in engine failure and MAF sensor malfunctioning, which can potentially damage the entire ECU control unit. Therefore, for the safety of our North American customers and to prevent further loss in reputation, GruppeM has now officially ceased all manufacturer-sanctioned distribution of its intake products in North America. At this time, we regret that we cannot further provide GruppeM products to our North American customers and we thank all our GruppeM North American customers for your sincere support and interest in GruppeM products.

Thank you for your attention on this matter and if you have further questions or inquiries, please feel free to contact GruppeM Japan directly. Current North American GruppeM product owners can still receive any and all customer support and warranty directly from the GruppeM manufacturer by emailing: [email protected]

Sincerely,

GruppeM North America Staff.

Have yall heard anything about this???

-Ben
04 330CI

·
Registered
933 Posts
bad107 said:
Found this online while researching which intake to get...

http://www.eurowerkz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=169

Message included below:

Dear GruppeM Customers,

Thank you for visiting GruppeM North America.

Unfortunately, due to specification differences between U.S and European vehicles, the (Carbon fiber look) air box intake systems, which were developed and manufactured in the GruppeM (Japan) facility for European specification vehicles, have been found not entirely compatible with vehicles sold in the U.S market.

Specifically, on certain U.S version European vehicle models, no power gain or loss of power has been experienced. In some cases, it resulted in engine failure and MAF sensor malfunctioning, which can potentially damage the entire ECU control unit. Therefore, for the safety of our North American customers and to prevent further loss in reputation, GruppeM has now officially ceased all manufacturer-sanctioned distribution of its intake products in North America. At this time, we regret that we cannot further provide GruppeM products to our North American customers and we thank all our GruppeM North American customers for your sincere support and interest in GruppeM products.

Thank you for your attention on this matter and if you have further questions or inquiries, please feel free to contact GruppeM Japan directly. Current North American GruppeM product owners can still receive any and all customer support and warranty directly from the GruppeM manufacturer by emailing: [email protected]

Sincerely,

GruppeM North America Staff.

Have yall heard anything about this???

-Ben
04 330CI

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

That's a first ... very interesting if it's true !!

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
so strange...

there are so many testimonials on this forum alone that would suggest that the GruppeM does indeed provide gains.

I wonder which "certain models" they were referring to in the US. Perhaps M3? :dunno:. the only real gruppeM complaints I have heard have come from those owners.

·
TWC Alumni
1,812 Posts
:repost:

Its bullsh1t. Rennsport explained the situation in another post. Basically that message was posted on a NON authorized gruppe m sellers website (name sounds official but its not) after the gruppe m of japan pulled the plug on their operation. I guess its their way of getting back at gruppe m. I have yet to hear one person with any maf, ecu, engine failure with this intake. That message is so BS it cracks me up. :lmao:

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
Alan L. said:
:repost:

Its bullsh1t. Rennsport explained the situation in another post. Basically that message was posted on a NON authorized gruppe m sellers website (name sounds official but its not) after the gruppe m of japan pulled the plug on their operation. I guess its their way of getting back at gruppe m. I have yet to hear one person with any maf, ecu, engine failure with this intake. That message is so BS it cracks me up. :lmao:
:thumbup: thx!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i don't mean to be spreading rumors, i have just been searching for hours about which intake to get and came across this and wanted you all experts to check it out

·
TWC Alumni
1,812 Posts
bad107 said:
i don't mean to be spreading rumors, i have just been searching for hours about which intake to get and came across this and wanted you all experts to check it out
All good. Just looking out for fellow fanatics :thumbup:

On this forum, you will only see gruppe m's for sale for two reasons. Parting out the car or they're getting a supercharger. For me it was the latter :) If your in the market for an intake, the Gruppe m is the ticket. The sound at WOT is so aggressive.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
i was pretty nervous when i first heard about it, but ive had the gruppe m in my car for about a year now and still no problems (other than the fact that the intake seems to be a magnet for dirt and dust)

·
Banned
8,818 Posts
When i saw the title for this thead i wasnt shocked one bit. Whether or not this info is true or false, i find the Gruppe-M to be a poorly designed ugly CF(or CK) horn.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Where is the thread where Rennsport has disputed this claim? I have a gruppeM. had it on for over a year, and my engine died on me this Monday. 52k

The car is currently at the dealer right now, and they are taking the engine apart to find out what, on the inside, has failed.

I had posted earlier this week. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer when they have the engine takin apart to find out exactly what is wrong with the engine.

I am very upset that the engine died, and I'm having this problem. If my engine failure is due to the intake, I would ask other members to beware.

I'm waiting for more information as to the failure of the engine before I go ahead and put blame on any one part.

I'm anxious to see the reason why my engine died.

·
Banned
8,818 Posts
kyoko said:
Where is the thread where Rennsport has disputed this claim? I have a gruppeM. had it on for over a year, and my engine died on me this Monday. 52k

The car is currently at the dealer right now, and they are taking the engine apart to find out what, on the inside, has failed.

I had posted earlier this week. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer when they have the engine takin apart to find out exactly what is wrong with the engine.

I am very upset that the engine died, and I'm having this problem. If my engine failure is due to the intake, I would ask other members to beware.

I'm waiting for more information as to the failure of the engine before I go ahead and put blame on any one part.

I'm anxious to see the reason why my engine died.
Time to build it up for boost :thumbup:

·
Banned
8,818 Posts
Santiago said:
The hydrolock happened on a different type of CAI. Didn't happen with a GruppeM.
I wasnt referring to the Gruppe M, i was just commenting on Techniks post of how intakes "cannot cause engine failues".

·
TWC Alumni
1,812 Posts
Much higher chance to hydrolock a motor with a dinan style intake compared to the gruppem. You would have to be moron treading water above your headlight to suck water from the gruppem.

·
Banned
8,818 Posts
Alan L. said:
Much higher chance to hydrolock a motor with a dinan style intake compared to the gruppem. You would have to be moron treading water above your headlight to suck water from the gruppem.
True, but with an intake that high you generally dont get as much air and as cold as air.
Each intake has its +'s and -'s.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts