BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
That's a lot of nuts!
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here you go. The quality is not great. I recorded from inside the cabin with a DV recorder, so there's a lot of background noise, but maybe it will give you an idea. My car is pretty loud these days.

The first clip is just a slow uphill run, with greater acceleration at the end. The second is more of a fast start. I never revved above 6K (sorry).

Sound Clip 1

Sound Clip 2

Maybe if I get some time/equipment I can try the microphone in the engine bay trick.

EDIT: Oh. Keep in mind I have an aftermarket exhaust, too. But you are hearing mostly the intake. You hear the low sound of the exhaust when I first start.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Notice any slight gains?

This I MUST know before I buy!:yikes: :thumbup:

·
is now a 2L! woot!
310 Posts
:D wOW that sounds super sexy~! #1 on xmas wish list for sure. thanks ed~

·
Registered
298 Posts
Does anyone have any sound clips of the Gruppe M for the 325 or 330 that they can post?

Sounds damn nice for the M3, just curious how the standard 3 series sounds.

·
booo for body roll.
3,435 Posts
sorry to kinda go OT.. but john from jersey.. why's it say 330xi? did u store the m3 or something or did u like get a new car?

·
That's a lot of nuts!
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
First, a comment, then I'll answer the questions I saw so far.

My comment is that when I say my car is louder, don't think it's like so loud that I can't hear myself think. It's definitely a few db louder though. I was driving up 17 this weekend (you bay area peeps know where I mean), and it sounded incredible. I remember telling my wife how effing awesome my car sounded :thumbup:

Now to the questions:

Yes, I do notice a power gain.
Small, but it's there. For example, there are times when I feel it pull stronger than I expect it to based on past experience. These times occur all along the power band, I've noticed. Originally I thought it was mostly in the 2-3K range, but I might be wrong. Also my exhaust would drone at certain times and it doesn't do it so much these days, so power is definitely up a bit. I think John's statement of 8hp sounds like it might be right on (at least). The other thing I noticed early on is that it has more torque right off the start, so I had to get used to clutching it right — nothing major, but it would surprise me now and then.

Yes, I do recommend it
Damn, it's sweet to listen to and to behold! Sexy!

Disclaimer
My comments are my own and it's what I believe to be true. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Damn...sounds really good!!!

Much more bass!!! Love it alot!!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
That's a lot of nuts!
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Damn...sounds really good!!!

ssutisna said:
Much more bass!!! Love it alot!!!:thumbup: :thumbup:
The bass could be my exhaust, so keep that in mind... :thumbup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
what/where did you pay for it...and who did the install? sounds really good...what exhuast is backing it up though?:thumbup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
:thumbup: Sounds great! Very interested now....... I probably wouldn't even hear the intake though, considering that I just installed an Eis 83mm race which DRONES like a @#@!**! Haha! Love it though! Nice to hear there is a noticeable increase in performance. Where did you get it? How much $$ ?

·
P.I.M.P.
2,478 Posts
sounds like a ****ing 67 shelby lol...nice...but i actually like the metallic noise of the stock m3 motor....reminds me of high revving ferraris...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts