E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here it is. Sorry it took so long. I couldn't find anyone to convert my movie to an mp3 and host it (lots of technical problems) so I just put the whole thing on .Mac.

The install was pretty straight forward. Instructions would have been nice but Renn-Sport helped me a lot and answered my emails at 9pm!

There is definitely a power gain. The intake looks and sounds amazing. At idle you can't tell any difference. With light throttle you can hear it sucking in a little air. WOT past 3000 rpm is loud! It's an amazing loud roar.

This evening I was driving down el camino showing off the intake to my friends. I floored it and took off. There was a cop on the other side of the street I didn't see. He heard the car, looked up, and shined his flashlight at me. Luckily I was on the other side of the road. But he could hear it!

http://homepage.mac.com/a4agarwal/iMovieTheater5.html

Anyways, I definitely plan to have more sound clips up by Sunday. This one was taken with my digital camera but I will have some higher quality clips that I get from my DV camera.

Overall the intake is excellent and I hightly recomment it.

-Sachin

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
video could be better. but from the sound of it, seems a great buy!

When is the next group buy coming?

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,505 Posts
contact [email protected]

i think they still have a few extras .. well, i least i got one of them :D

·
Registered
474 Posts
What was the group buy price?

Sounds incredible!! I really want to feel the difference between it and my Dinan CAI!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it sounds incredibly powerful. That is stock exhaust :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I like the sound of that intake, but even more so, I like the fact that you're another Mac user on this board. Your profile says you're from Cupertino too, that where they're made. Nice

Out of curiosity, why is the Gruppe M better than the Dinan? And also, what does the Gruppe M cost? Thanks

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Here's a sound clip of my custom CAI

This is NOT a sound clip of the gruppeM

Full Throttle 333kb

Mid Throttle 489kb

I think you can get this sound out of most short air intakes as you will hear from my sound clips. Dinan's intake tube is longer and therefore the resonance for the sound to travel up and down the intake path is longer making a sound that is not as deep.

AND NO IT'S NOT MY EXHAUST. I have oem exhaust.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
See my reply above

Again the sound is deeper since the sound waves have a shorter distance to travel. The intake runner of the Dinan is longer. It's all about resonance.

RossaFerrari said:
I like the sound of that intake, but even more so, I like the fact that you're another Mac user on this board. Your profile says you're from Cupertino too, that where they're made. Nice

Out of curiosity, why is the Gruppe M better than the Dinan? And also, what does the Gruppe M cost? Thanks

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Gruppe M definitely a good buy...

I'm very satisfied with mine!!!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
It won't fit without modifications.

I believe the M3 intake is 3.5 inches compared to I believe 3" for the 330. I believe you should be able to do it with a reducer and a couple of clamps but who knows. Samir was supposed to try it and let us know but don't know if he ever had the chance.

RacingDynamcs said:
can the M3 one fit into a 330i??? because its basicaly the same thing....right?

·
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar
5,390 Posts
RacingDynamcs said:
can the M3 one fit into a 330i??? because its basicaly the same thing....right?
I see alot of this question but are people gonna pay almost 1500 bucks for an intake for a 3 series?? IMO I dont think so.

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,669 Posts
a4agarwal welcome to the Gruppe M club :thumbup:

RossaFerrari said:
The filter is appeared to be a good bit larger than the Dinan intake I had so that may make a difference. On the first GB the Gruppe M intake was $520 with shipping I think.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts