BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the LA auto show and saw the next 330 sedans with the new six-speed tranny. :sad: it even has the ///M shift knob and sweet short throws! AND the m-tech kit is now an option. DAMMIT!! why couldn't bmw offer this ish when i ordered my freakin car?! :banghead:

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,541 Posts
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :bawling: :bawling:

·
Registered
587 Posts
roz121xi said:
went to the LA auto show and saw the next 330 sedans with the new six-speed tranny. :sad: it even has the ///M shift knob and sweet short throws!
DAMMIT! Why couldn't I get a 6-speed and a ///M shift knob and a short shifter....uh, oops....I guess I did. :lmao: :lmao:

j/k around

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Grrr!! NOW bmw offers it...

.Gravedgr. said:

DAMMIT! Why couldn't I get a 6-speed and a ///M shift knob and a short shifter....uh, oops....I guess I did. :lmao: :lmao:

j/k around

oh yea, i forgot to tell you m3'ers to shut your mouths! :D

·
Sick of Modding my car
446 Posts
:mad: wow, this is some bull, i have uuc ssk, for those short throws. o well, my next car will be a six speed:thumbup: in like 3 years:bawling:

·
Manwhore
2,807 Posts
I dont see a big deal. Isnt the 6-speed in a 330 just for marketing? I mean that 6th gear should just be there for saving fuel... right?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Perhaps it can handle more power as well for later mods. Also, with 6 speeds, you can change the gear ratios, which is what they did, and they shaved .5 seconds off 0-60. Pretty significant.

Chip-

·
Registered
507 Posts
carguy84 said:
Perhaps it can handle more power as well for later mods. Also, with 6 speeds, you can change the gear ratios, which is what they did, and they shaved .5 seconds off 0-60. Pretty significant.Chip-
I doubt adding a 6th gear trimmed .5/seconds off the 0-60 time.

Considering there's not much room to change ratio's and still hit 60 w/o having to shift into 3rd, I question how they got that much of an improvement. 10hp does not = .5/sec. I don't think adding a CAI, chip, exhaust, throttle body and ssk would get you .5 seconds off any current model. When the car mags start turning 5.3-5.7 second 0-60 tests later this year (.5 less than the range of current tests), then I'll believe it!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Still, there's no official word on whether it will make its way into the xi's. When sport suspension was made standard, the xi's didn't get it. The only "sporty" thing they've done to the xi's is changed the steering rack from 3.5 turns lock-to-lock to 2.7.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts