BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is all this talk about Bluetooth for phones. I think this is a mod that is actually worth it for coolness and seriousness. If someone that knows how to get one started or that maybe get in touch with circle BMW and tell them the demand for it. If whoever is intrested in getting a Bluetooth set for sure please post so we know. Thank you

Here is a link that Adam Hicks did for DIY installation.
http://golilm.com/DIY/Bluetooth/

·
Registered
24 Posts
Let me know? Might be interested if the module works on my M3.... (i have T68i)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I am pretty sure that all E46 are pre-wired for bluetooth if not they make parts for it. check on www.circlebmw.com

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Count me in.

I dont have a bluetooth phone but will as soon as 11/24 hits and I can shop my cell plan and keep my phone number.

I know my car is prewired (has the little circle on the interior trunk lid).

·
Help me Help you!
959 Posts
SHICKS said:
I have Verizon and Sprint, who has bluetooth phones?
I think sprint has a bluetooth phone. One of the samsungs i believe.

Also does anyone know when did they start with the prewired
bluetooth? My car was manufactured in Feb 2002....any clue if
this is prewired?

thx

·
Registered
284 Posts
very interested, I dont check the board often, but if something is set

could you e mail me and let me konw.

[email protected]

·
Registered
137 Posts
i think verizon does sort of have a bluetooth the question is which Bluetooth phones work with bmw system. The Motorola Timeport 270c has a Bluetooth attachment. I wonder if it works since my father is probably getting a 2004 330xi soon. BTW is Bluetooth possible as a factory option?

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
1,128 Posts
any idea as to which verizon phone as bluetooth capability?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes I called NA yesterday and they gave me a list of phones which the "tested" and would reccomend when I brought up that phone the Timeport 270c they have never heard of it but he said in theory bluetooth is universal and should work with all phones. Who Knows? I would like to be sure before purchase.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey Jay what up look at what I wrote, it is bluetooth not sure if it works though!

·
Waiting for my V8 4door M3!
2,665 Posts
Phoenix330 said:
Hey Jay what up look at what I wrote, it is bluetooth not sure if it works though!
sup dude. I found out that the Motorola Timeport 270 is Motorola's first Bluetooth-capable phone and think that it might work for Verizon people but in BMW's. The info that i found said that it was available in late 2000 so it must be a couple of years old. Which means that there has to be more phones out there for us.

:thumbup:

http://www.cellular.co.za/phones/motorola/archive/motorola_270c.htm

the search continues.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts