BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Guys..i thought i would try a tread listing things that KINDA go wrong in the 46....(if somebody hasn't already done this)..Ofcourse this thread needs continous updating but hopefully we can get caught up to date (i.e. Jan 2003)

here is the first one:

1) Sometimes my NAV screen doesnt shut off when i close the doors it flashes a dull blank screen. Other owners have confirmed this gremlin,too.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gremlin # 2

here is Gremlin # 2

another Grmlin reported by a fanatic and confirmed by another:
"Sometimes when i try to turn the volume down using the controls on the steering wheel, the radio station jumps to the next preset station. The problem also happens when I have a CD in. I don't have a CD changer and and the radio is completly stock. I do have the hk system. "

·
Registered
181 Posts
Gremilin #3 i guess:
OEM remote door locks dont work, no matter how many times I press the button, heard this from some other too...

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
window regulators break often in the E46. in dash cd player eats the cd. Subframe is known to be weak. moonroof shade comes off the tracks.

·
'a certain moderator'
35,565 Posts
noisy fuel pump... had mine replaced at like 8k miles, now i'm at 20k miles and the thing is still loud (not as loud as before)

-brendan

·
Registered
270 Posts
Early E46s seem to have issues with the idle speed control valve, causing an inconsistant idle if it's cold outside and sometimes stalling. Mine does it, but smooths out when the engine warms up. Bad front control arms, but that seems to have been addressed in newer models.

·
****** User
1,027 Posts
my moonroof shade is ****ed up beyond repair...

my window behind driver side cant roll down or up

my remote sometimes works and sometimes doesnt

so fukin ***

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wait a minute Guys...we need to differentiate between wear and tear and Gremlins.....I didnt have issues arising from wear and tear in mind for this list . Here is my definition (open for debate/change)

A GREMLIN is:

For no apparent reason, a feature or function FAILS to work as described by BMW.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts