BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i picked it up a couple of days ago...and its beautiful, coupe, grey, 19's, smg, led rears, xenons, very pretty, goes like stink! I mean fast.....

However... My rear fog light is permanenlty lit if the lights are on sides or main. If you turn the lights off, the fog also goes out. The fog switch does nothing but turn a light on the dash on and off, it does not affect the foglight at all(I'll ask now why is there a computer behind my fog light switch, talk about over kill!) Does this sound like a need a new lcm? or a reflash?

other problems (possibly all due to fog light problem) both tell tale lights show for the rear lights even though they work fine. When you first turn the car on the rear lights do a little dance!! flashing in a pretty sequence, brake lights, lights, indicators... very pretty! Im sure this isnt meant to happen, im guessing its because it thinks theres a problem so it does a test sequence..

my xenons sometimes strobe, then turn off and both telltale lights on dash show they have failed, turn car off turn on again all is fine.

My stereo just stopped working!!!!!! the gps still does (all though it no longer speaks to me) the computer, tv all work but no stereo, you cant just not hear it you cant even see it on the screen functioning all the stereo buttons no longer work.

:banghead:

Grrr....so its great and its not so great.

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,755 Posts
I sold my amps once and had no music in the car for about 3-4 months its not too bad without audio:p

The rear light on the dash sometimes mean the rear license plate light is out also. COngrats on your car, and sorry to hear about the little gremlins on your first post.

Hope you work it out a a simple audio installer or even the dreaded stealership.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the stereo came back....i pulled the fuses on it put them back, bingo.....

My xenons also seem to be sorted....hard to say what did it, ive unplugged and plugged most lights back in again, checking for bad connections...all looks good.

Still got the tell tale lights on for my rear leds...and the fog sits on (dimley) ive been told the fog is on because the lcm 'thinks' the rear leds are out...so it puts the fog on to provide some light?!

There is slight water ingress on my left rear led.(the dealer used to have to jet wash all his cars everyday because of very lovely(but annoying!) trees, masses of pollen and leaves)...i can see a little sloshing around....maybe this is my problem...I dont think i can split these open....? maybe i will just make a small hole to get the bulk of water out then sit it somewhere warm and dry for a day or two..

The car is still fantastic!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well one very dry rear led light cluster....but still get my bulb out warnings on the dash.....Ive noticed that the left cluster(the one that did have some water in it) has a slight flicker to it, the right is rock solid...but the bulb outs are permenant for the right cluster and intermitent for the left?..these are all original, factory fitted led's that function perfectly(apart from slight flicker in the left one) i wish i didnt have a computer looking at the condition of my lights! i used to just check in a big shop window when i was reversing up to park.....it was foolproof technic!!

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,755 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts