E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hi:

Im new here, made a post before but I kinda killed it (I told a page long stort about my struggle thusfar),

My problem is that I have a salvaged 01 330i with 85,000 miles. After rebuilding most of the front of the car, it still smokes and smells a bit every few starts. It is not a daily driver yet so whenever i turn it on to charge the battery and rev it up a bit (nowhere north of about 4.5k) it smokes and smells a bit. Am I burning oil? Have any of you had this problem and successfully fixed it??

Hear a new guy out and help him get his dream car into working order in under a month (my birthdays soon)!! I'm greatful, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
181 Posts
what color is the smoke? And how does it smell?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kk, Im on the Jersey shore, right over the causeway from the great lbi,

Dark knight, the smoke is grayish blue, it smells exhaustey, or kinda like when youre driving down a highway and some old clunker in front of you smells like, that would actually be the best way for me to describe it, im gonna guess that its oil but hopefully not. any ideas?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi again, does the engine seem to be running well? In other words, it starts right up, runs smoothly, good power, basically your only concern is the smoke? Where is the smoke coming from, exhaust pipe? Under the hood?

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
i posted a reply in your other thread. not sure which one youre checking

1 - 9 of 9 Posts