BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals,

I just wanted to recommend a great body shop in New Orleans. I recently got rear ended (nothing major...just scrapes on the rear bumper). To make a long story short I took the car to Peake BMW's outsourced body shop called Jay's Body Shop. I have had other paint work done on aftermarket parts and have dealt with other body shops. Jay's Body Shop's quality and service is top notch. They deal with 99.9% BMW's (you will see an occasional Rolls Royce). They painted my bumper and body mouldings and they look perfect. I am a very meticulous customer that appreciates good work and customer service. I complained about a hairline scratch and the shop took it out by wet sanding and repolishing in five minutes as well as install new clips in my side mouldings. Their prices are also incredibly reasonable for the quality of work. Hilbert's (also known to be a great shop) wanted $380 to paint the mouldings, and I paid $180 (minus $60 b/c I was fixing my bumper simoultaneously) at Jay's Body Shop...I don't think that they could have been done any better. I am in no way affiliated with Jay's Body Shop...I just wanted to praise them for doing such a great job on my car. :thumbup:

P.S.- I have yet to find a body shop with this quality work and customer service at these prices in Houston. :sad:

·
Registered
381 Posts
thanks for the info, my car got f***cked up by an excursion last LSU game day and now getting fixed at Cavin's in baton rouge, Brian Harris reconmended them hope it comesout good as new, both front fenders and hood are being replaced as well as bumper.

·
Registered
110 Posts
thats a relief to hear, im bringin my bimmer down here next fall and was hoping theyrd be a place i could bring it to have work done....thx for the recommendation

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
HamannPerformance said:
Hi Guys and Gals,

I just wanted to recommend a great body shop in New Orleans. I recently got rear ended (nothing major...just scrapes on the rear bumper). To make a long story short I took the car to Peake BMW's outsourced body shop called Jay's Body Shop. I have had other paint work done on aftermarket parts and have dealt with other body shops. Jay's Body Shop's quality and service is top notch. They deal with 99.9% BMW's (you will see an occasional Rolls Royce). They painted my bumper and body mouldings and they look perfect. I am a very meticulous customer that appreciates good work and customer service. I complained about a hairline scratch and the shop took it out by wet sanding and repolishing in five minutes as well as install new clips in my side mouldings. Their prices are also incredibly reasonable for the quality of work. Hilbert's (also known to be a great shop) wanted $380 to paint the mouldings, and I paid $180 (minus $60 b/c I was fixing my bumper simoultaneously) at Jay's Body Shop...I don't think that they could have been done any better. I am in no way affiliated with Jay's Body Shop...I just wanted to praise them for doing such a great job on my car. :thumbup:

P.S.- I have yet to find a body shop with this quality work and customer service at these prices in Houston. :sad:

:pics:

Dude where in N.O. is this bodyshop? what street?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've had work done there too. They are a great shop too bad they are affiliated with Peake (Their service sucks big time). Me and my friends have all had bad expereinces with Peakes repair shop.
Jay's Body shop is 2508 Delaware Ave. Kenner LA.
Delaware runs parrallel to Williams Blvd, not too far past Veterans and Williams intersection.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I think I've gotten my parent's Honda Oddysey fixed there once when I wrecked it. They did an outstanding job and the paint looked like stock (w/ the orange peel effect). Peake sucks no doubt!

We should organize a New Orleans meet soon! :pimpin:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yeah sounds like you been through the service ringer there too. I've heard good things about Brian Harris, but anything is better than Peake.

N.O. Meet for the E46fanatics. ditto on that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts