BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST AN FYI: I took my car in for some services to a BMW dealership and when I got it back there were tons of surface level scratches as well as a very small dent by the front wheel (a dent nonetheless). Naturally, I was f..kin upset!!! So when I talked to the manager to articulate my feelings about how my car got worked, he told me to get a life and that is was just a car. At this point, I was going to kill him. I proceeded to tell him that if I wanted "just a car," I would have gotten a Corolla (no offense to Corolla owners). So we were going back and forth and then he offered to buff out the statches .... and he did. But, the point is when I spend $60K for car and I take it to your over-priced service shop, I expect to get my car in the same condition. It makes me nervous that the manager of the shop that's going to work on my car feels that it's just a car......sucks.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
sorry to hear that!

BMW cars are nice, but the service is the same world wide! CRAP! same here in the UK...

Thank good for E46.com! lots of tips here for everyone to enjoy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Re: sorry to hear that!

Tichx said:
BMW cars are nice, but the service is the same world wide! CRAP! same here in the UK...

Thank good for E46.com! lots of tips here for everyone to enjoy!
I disagree, out of the 3 dealers I've dealt with, only 1 was ****ty. The other 2 were superb!

Maybe it's just my superb personality! :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
PYI24 said:
JUST AN FYI: I took my car in for some services to a BMW dealership and when I got it back there were tons of surface level scratches as well as a very small dent by the front wheel (a dent nonetheless). Naturally, I was f..kin upset!!! So when I talked to the manager to articulate my feelings about how my car got worked, he told me to get a life and that is was just a car. At this point, I was going to kill him. I proceeded to tell him that if I wanted "just a car," I would have gotten a Corolla (no offense to Corolla owners). So we were going back and forth and then he offered to buff out the statches .... and he did. But, the point is when I spend $60K for car and I take it to your over-priced service shop, I expect to get my car in the same condition. It makes me nervous that the manager of the shop that's going to work on my car feels that it's just a car......sucks.....
I can't believe those idiots did that to an M3! I would make them fix every little thing :ben:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
I would get very loud in front of all the customers and tell the jerk-off you spend 60+ for a car and his comments was ****ed up. I hate ******* like that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
PYI24 said:
JUST AN FYI: I took my car in for some services to a BMW dealership and when I got it back there were tons of surface level scratches as well as a very small dent by the front wheel (a dent nonetheless). Naturally, I was f..kin upset!!! So when I talked to the manager to articulate my feelings about how my car got worked, he told me to get a life and that is was just a car. At this point, I was going to kill him. I proceeded to tell him that if I wanted "just a car," I would have gotten a Corolla (no offense to Corolla owners). So we were going back and forth and then he offered to buff out the statches .... and he did. But, the point is when I spend $60K for car and I take it to your over-priced service shop, I expect to get my car in the same condition. It makes me nervous that the manager of the shop that's going to work on my car feels that it's just a car......sucks.....
Did you go to San Francisco BMW? If you did, you aren't the only one that had things happen to your car. I myself had to drop my car off twice for the alarm activation(*they didn't get it right the first time*) and both time find some nice surface scratches on my car. Several others on this board have had the same problem with SF BMW.

First time I drove off, stupid me didn't check my car before leaving the dealer lot. Second time, I throughly inspected my car before leaving and surely enough, their was extra decreations on my car that wasn't there before. Promptly walk back in and let my service advisor knew and from the first few words that came out his mouth, I could tell that I wasn't the first one. But he nice enough to offer me a repaint which I didn't want to do. He got a detail to guy to help me get the scratches out, which luckily came out.

The funny thing was, the 2nd time I came in. They had people throughly examining your car and giving you a damage report on paper of every single nick, scratch,dent, crack mirror, etc., I didn't get this the first time, wonder why....

San Francisco BMW is a nice place but the guys who actually touch/move your car seriously don't give a **** about taking care of a customer's car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
most dealers do suck, i have been to about 10 different stealers, out of 10., 2 were good, most of them plain fuking:thumbdwn: i almost fought a service advisor after he told me that my car has been to 5 different dealers in the past year

him "i mean your car has been to 5 different dealers:tsk: "

me "wat does that have to do with anything?"

him " i mean it just seems odd"

me "give me my car key back before i leave you face in 5 different places"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
OutLawM3 said:
most dealers do suck, i have been to about 10 different stealers, out of 10., 2 were good, most of them plain fuking:thumbdwn: i almost fought a service advisor after he told me that my car has been to 5 different dealers in the past year

him "i mean your car has been to 5 different dealers:tsk: "

me "wat does that have to do with anything?"

him " i mean it just seems odd"

me "give me my car key back before i leave you face in 5 different places"
ahahahha :lmao: Friggin' classic yo!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
OutLawM3 said:
most dealers do suck, i have been to about 10 different stealers, out of 10., 2 were good, most of them plain fuking:thumbdwn: i almost fought a service advisor after he told me that my car has been to 5 different dealers in the past year

him "i mean your car has been to 5 different dealers:tsk: "

me "wat does that have to do with anything?"

him " i mean it just seems odd"

me "give me my car key back before i leave you face in 5 different places"
LOL! were those your exact words? dang...I wanna try that!
 

·
E46Fanatic
Joined
·
3,128 Posts
holy crap, i can't believe an employee would talk to you like that. that's f*@ked up! i'd be pissed. i say you complain to BMWNA and we start a petition to get that loser fired :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys..I knew I wasn't trippin. Just to let you know, the quick detail job took out the scratches so no real harm done (that said, constantly sanding out scratches can't be good for my finish). So, I'm cool with them...have to be...I plan to get all my services done through them..I live 5 minutes away...

I think I'll wax my baby over the weekend for the trauma she has endured. Lot of you guys recommend Zaino (where can I get?). In the meantime, what over the counter wax would you recommend? Wheel cleaner? THANKS!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Dealers

Put your experiences good or bad about your dealers on dealerrater.com so every one can benefit from them.
Why are so many posters hesitant about telling us there dealers NAME??
Good luck
vern
 

·
Town Clown
Joined
·
15,041 Posts
PY124 - what dealer did you go to? It would be helpful for the rest of us in the Bay to know.
 

·
money sucking nXXGA
Joined
·
177 Posts
i bet is bmw of sf..

Their service is terrible and i will never patronize that dealer ever again....

not only i got no loaner or a cheap rental and didn't get my car back til few days after promised, their service advisors and manager all have attitude. Especially that SA Diamond Lin, not only he never return my calls, he also fcuked up all my info...he's getting a 0 from me for sure. In addition, they messed up my maf sensor when i took it in for throttle body failure...

Weatherford is better since at least they give you something to drive home and they keep their promise as far as returning your car. Also, they clean up the mess that bmw of SF made.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,235 Posts
Complain to BMWNA immediately!!!!!!!!!!

That is not acceptable!!! I had the same issues with LIFE QUALITY BMW in Brooklyn and I told them exactly how I felt about there service, or lack there of.

BMWNA was a big help and they helped get the job done. I then got a call from the service advisor asking me why I gave him a bad rep on the survey. I told him what did he expect to get after he scratched my door and ripped my softtop(I had a 325cic at the time).

I would NEVER go back to that inconsiderate lowlife dealership again. As I will never step foot in LIFE QUALITY BMW again!

Good luck:thumbup:
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top