BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Alpine 7893R on Saturday, and as many of you have said it is indeed fantastic! the variations in bass and treble are awesome and I am still using my factory speakers!

Can I have some opinions on which speakers would compliment the 7893 in my E46. Not sure that I need to go for a sub just now so just a great set of speakers please.Also should I do all 4 or rear/front?

thanks all

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
you should go take listen to a wide range of speakers and make the decision. i perosnally like mb quarts.

·
Registered
940 Posts

Do your factory steering wheel radio controls work with the alpine? I heard the 7893 was compatible with the controls, but couldnt find anything on alpines site about this. Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They do work with 7893 however I havent got the interface yet, I am told its easy to install and costs around £50. I'm not missing the steerinf controls I have to admit.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have the same unit, and indeed it is fantastic compared to standard. I upgraded my speakers last weekend and got a set of DLS Refarence series, R5's. These are truly fantastic.... contact me if you want further info and advise.

I also have a diamond audio sub so that makes a huge difference since i have taken the low frequencies out of the front components, but if its quality you are after, these are extreamly smooooth (especially the tweeters).... Also consider a/d/s speakers, or diamond component speakers.. again, very smooth sounding....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
east london, there are a couple of good fitters round here. Do you mind telling me which speakers you got in back/front (coaxial?) also can i ask how much they retail for?

cheers

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got the DLS R5 5 1/4" front components.. retail is around 180 quids, but most places sell for around 150 quid..., an easier fit would be the PS5 pro slimline, and cost around 130 quid... again components...

currently, i have stock rears, but these are faded out - I will soon replace these with diamond, or DLS 5 1/4" coaxials.... keep an eye out... !!!

as i said, try prestige-audio in Rickmonsworth, Hertfordshire

1 - 10 of 10 Posts