BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapped out the wood trim for the black saphire. Also added the e-brake and the shift knob from UUC(rk2se). Let me know what ya think. I have not gotten used to it. Something does not feel right inside. I think it may be the e-brake not matching. Inside the car there is a mix of chrome, aluminum, and grey, so I figured the shifter and e-brake not matching was no big deal, but now I am not so sure.
Also threw in a pic of the painted callipers.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
what finish is on that trim?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the black blended in w/ the black dash so to break it up I threw the badge on. The trim is Black saphire. It is plastic and nothing special.
The paint is from advanced auto parts. I can not remember the name but it is somewhere on this forum. It was $30 or so. I got the silver paint so the calipers would blend in and not stand out.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
very nice, i need to get that interior trim for a 99 5er please tell me if they sell it for the car or where i can find it thanks in advance

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am not sure about the interior for the 5. Try a search, it should have something. I know most people go through Pacific or Circle BMW for the trim, but that is for the e46. It would be worth a look though.

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
48,236 Posts
that looks good but not feelin the 330 emblem on the trim..

·
Banned
80 Posts
dneko said:
Swapped out the wood trim for the black saphire. Also added the e-brake and the shift knob from UUC(rk2se). Let me know what ya think. I have not gotten used to it. Something does not feel right inside. I think it may be the e-brake not matching. Inside the car there is a mix of chrome, aluminum, and grey, so I figured the shifter and e-brake not matching was no big deal, but now I am not so sure.
Also threw in a pic of the painted callipers.
looks nice.. except that 330 badge, take that **** off -- also, may wanna clean your floor mats!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Peer pressure is a b**ch. I took off the badge and it does look much cleaner. I did not think it was that big a deal but the badge did look gay w/ the black trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
That black trim is usually standard on leatherette 3 and 5's. Way back when I ordered my first X5 3.0i when they first came out. It came in with this ugly black trim and I made them change it to the light poplar becuase they didn't order the car right. You should be able to pick this trim up for cheap. I think the wood looks better. It adds class to the interior. Especially since it is a grey interior, it will only look good with dark myrtle wood or light poplar. The black IMO blends in too much with the dash.

Troy J.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts