BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eeps: so yeah i was leaving the bar, stopped at a red light and this chick rear ends me. I just hear a crunch and I'm like this is not happening. So i get out and look at my car, no marks. Then i look at her's, no marks (she had a white acura tl) So she gives me her biz card as i do mine. (got her insurance # too) my qustion to you is, what would be a good rear bumper to get, one that would look better then my stock 2003 325xi body but would still flow with the rest of the original bodywork, and if so could you post pictures. I am planning on eventually replacing it all but for now i want some thing that will look good.

I will post pix tomorrow after i was it. TIA

Let's go PENS!!!!!!:excited:

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
was she hott? :4ngie:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah her fiance was in the car in front of me. which certainly helped change my tone.......i keed but yeah she was smokin' and she is a pharma$I$t

·
Registered
699 Posts
Glad everybody's okay but I think the more important question here is, are you going to return the favor and rear end her? :boink:

·
ti-m-e
2,422 Posts
^^:werd: If the damage is not too bad, then a little role reversal would be in order instead of fixing the bumper.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I had almost identical sh|t happen to me on new years even on LIE coming back to LI from NYC. White acura TL, lady driving with her man next to her. Bumper to Bumper traffic and she hits me! i was like..not again..so i get out, cant see anything..checked her front end..i mean her car's and it was fine..so i said f*ck it..

Now i seem to see that my rear bumper seems to be popping out a bit from the center topside..

OH well...getting an Mtech 2 soon..I hope.. :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats for the humor guys its keeping me entertained. but on a more serious note any suggestion on how much insurance $$ to expect and how much a decent replacement or full body kit would be. i would like to break even maybe pay a bit.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
get an mtech 2 rear bumper. I paid about 600 total for parts. Its more cost effective to buy the whole kit (only a few hundred more for front bumper and side skirts) but i dont know how the insurance company is going to pay you and etc.

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
Glad everybody's okay but I think the more important question here is, are you going to return the favor and rear end her? :boink:
hmm i say call her, explain that the bumper mounts are shot and you will need a new bumper.. then call inssurance and pick up an mtech rear... then when you are ready, buy the mtech skirts and front bumper :thumbup:

then rear end her

·
Registered
207 Posts
That happened to me less than a month ago. I'm getting the mtech 2 rear and the bmw mechanic said it's not going to be much extra because he has to replace the oem bumper anyway. Too bad nothing else needed replacing. Good luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts