BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Got Mis-shift?
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to L.A. and on my way home this freakin' under cover cop pulls me over and I asked him what I did. He said that I don't have a front license plate and I have a protective covering on my rear plates. So, I acted dumb and here's what happened:

Officer: The reason I pulled you over is because you don't have a front license plate and you have a smoked cover on your rear plates.

Me: Well, I just got my car from the body shop today and they forgot to put the plates on. I have the plates in my trunk.

Officer: Can you put it on right now or do you want me to give you a fix it ticket?

Me: Hell no! I'll put it on right now.

Me: I got the cover from pepboys and they said it's legal.

Officer: Well, Pepboys will say anything to sell you the product.

So, I attached my front plates and the cop didn't give me a ticket
:thumbup:

The only thing that's scaring me is that the cop asked for my Social Security, Drivers License, and Home phone number.

I asked them why they need it and they said that it's just a record that they talked to me and it's a survey. My f*ckin' problem is that I gave them my S.S.#:banghead: :banghead: But I got their License plates. Did anybody experience the same questions?

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
you didn't screw them in did you?

·
Registered
769 Posts
i didnt know under cover cops could pull u over coz u dont have front license plate:huh: :huh: ,and i got pull over many time coz front license plate, the cop never ask me my SS# or phone#,why they need that for?:huh: :huh:

·
Registered
328 Posts
John,

What kinda car was he driving? I've never heard of a cop asking for the SS number. Thats kinda weird. Where did this happen? And uh, are you goin to pcc on sunday?

·
Network Analyst
3,469 Posts
You sure it was an undercover cop? Why would an undercover cop bother with some guy who doesn't have a front plate and smoked rear plate?

dave

·
Poor M3 Owner
745 Posts
Was the undercover driving a cop car or a normal car?
Maybe itz not a cop.

·
Got Mis-shift?
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It happened in L.A. by Alvarado and Glendale blvd. BTW, the cop was making some stupid comments like, "we're making some numbers" and "hey, is that the new drivers license? did you get that from 8th St. and Alvarado?"(for those of you that don't know, that's the place to get fake I.D.'s)

One of the cop was telling me that he has an X5 and his wife has a Z3 and never put their front plates on cuz it looks better. He also told me to just take it off after (I don't know if he was serious or not but I just told him that I don't wanna get a ticket.

Eric, I'll call you tomorrow and let you know if i'm going or not.

·
Got Mis-shift?
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PfCxM3 said:
Was the undercover driving a cop car or a normal car?
Maybe itz not a cop.
They drive a Crown Victoria w/ Police Interceptor Badge and they also have that cop lights. They were also wearing uniforms, they have guns, and they have the radio. But they have normal license plates.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Cops are g ay. I dont know why he pulled you over and say those things. They got nothin better to do.

·
Got Mis-shift?
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
E36Eric said:
Cops are g ay. I dont know why he pulled you over and say those things. They got nothin better to do.
I totally agree with you!

Just like what they said " We're making some numbers"

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,316 Posts
:confused:...this whole thing seems kinda fishy to me...they pulled you over and talked all that ****, didn't give you a ticket, asked for your SS# (which is totally f*ckin weird), and had regular plates? :confused:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Maybe they will come after your car:dunno:
I would watch out!:yikes:

·
Registered
281 Posts
nah it seems normal, i got a ticket in ohio by a trooper and they took my ss#, the car is just probably an unmarked police car which use regular license plates....try coming to nyc where they use yellow taxi cabs as a cover now. i saw one last night which had pulled over a nice 03 sL5...U think your passing a a normal cab on the highway next thing u know ur getting pulled over by that cab....sucks

thing i noticed was the cab cop had tinted windows in the rear as to hide the lightbar, not many yellow cabs with tints in nyc...so drive careful

·
Bimmerless
1,845 Posts
Faheem Daddy said:
:confused:...this whole thing seems kinda fishy to me...they pulled you over and talked all that ****, didn't give you a ticket, asked for your SS# (which is totally f*ckin weird), and had regular plates? :confused:
It dont sound right. WTF he need your SS# for? You better keep an eye on your credit report mang.:lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
fuks that.. a cop ask me for my social security number and i'll give him my LICENSE number only (which is not the same as SS) No fuken way will i give my ss#. BTW copper, I don't have it memorized but i'll look at my last job application and mail it to you.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Yah I would not give out your SS #, that is somethign that a lot can be done with. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
651 Posts
your should have given them a fake s.s.#

they werent even cops, have you read the papers recently?

·
Registered
204 Posts
A real cop has access to all your info with just a driver's liscense.
They never ask for SS # and phone number.
Report this to your local law enforcement ASAP. Check wioth them if that was proper procedure for an undercover cop.
It is X'mas time and people do funny things to get access to personal financial info. Watch your credit card accts closely.

BTW, did the 'cop' ask for registration of your car and insurance paper. If not, that's absolutely wrong.

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,327 Posts
lol ...there is alot of fake liscense made on alvarado near MacAurthor park..(you guys all know this) Did he take your lisence back to the car to scan it? he prob didn't thats why he asked for info? or maybe hes FBI
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: BTW i got a fake ID for ma girl on alvarado...really good for 50$ got the magnetic strip and everything..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts