BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my windows tinted... went with a conservative 35% on the rear and 50% on the front...

Here's a pic..........

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I like it! :thumbup: I'm a fan of light tints too b/c I care a lot about visibility at night and the cops in my area can be very strict. What kind of tint is it?

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'm not implying this to you but I don't get why some people put lighter tints in front. ANY tint in front IS illegal.

Lookin good

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
M3PinoyDriver said:
I'm not implying this to you but I don't get why some people put lighter tints in front. ANY tint in front IS illegal.
One of the fellow members got pulled over and the cop told him that they will cut us some slack if the tint is light and the driver's face is clearly visible from outside the car. They really do pick on you more if you tint too dark up front.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Jspeed said:

One of the fellow members got pulled over and the cop told him that they will cut us some slack if the tint is light and the driver's face is clearly visible from outside the car. They really do pick on you more if you tint too dark up front.
Was that in Canada???

My friend with 50% tint in front an 5% in back got a fix it ticket for having the front tinted. It all depends on which area you live

·
Banned
4,174 Posts
M3PinoyDriver said:
Was that in Canada???

My friend with 50% tint in front an 5% in back got a fix it ticket for having the front tinted. It all depends on which area you live
if the front tints are lighter than the back, it will look like its not really tinted, so the cops might as well not bother with you.

·
Registered
319 Posts
lookin' good jl449! Sucks that any tint is illegal on front windows in Cali, but the fronts don't look dark enough to draw attention IMO (but they'll still block 90+% of the UV rays!).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts