BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick and simple install, Nice parts, picked em up second hand at a good price... and I feel absolutely nothing on the butt dyno, haha. Figured as much. Every little bit helps though!

·
Registered
974 Posts
I felt the difference in highway speeds...car felt more responsive when my rpms were at 4.5k then before and with the AC on while at highway speeds I felt no lost of power when I upgraded the pulleys.
+1 exactly what i felt when I put mine on. My car rocks on the Highway

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
.. and I feel absolutely nothing on the butt dyno, haha. Figured as much. Every little bit helps though!
haha you're not the first person to say the butt dyno measured + 0 WHP - but those pulleys are quality aluminum, unlike the OE plastic.

·
Registered
974 Posts
haha you're not the first person to say the butt dyno measured + 0 WHP - but those pulleys are quality aluminum, unlike the OE plastic.
Plastic is lighter than aluminum so putting those heavier pulleys and increasing rotating mass to the engine will result in loss of horsepower. Total waste of money.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Plastic is lighter than aluminum so putting those heavier pulleys and increasing rotating mass to the engine will result in loss of horsepower. Total waste of money.
Pulley kits for our cars is to make them bigger in diameter(free up some power). Since your water pump and power steering will rotate less, technically they will last longer.

I had the Turner Motorsport pulleys but one got damage and they don't sell them individually, so Im going to get the UUC pulleys next. Im sure they are good for more than just a few whp. I noticed the acceleration was a lot faster(rpms would climb faser). Almost like a light weight flywheel but not as drastic.

·
Registered
370 Posts
VAC, Tuner, UUC all race cars or do direct support and all disagree.

I doubt he did his crank pulley so not sure what rotational mass you are talking about. The std pulley sets don't do the crank pulley and the oem pulley isn't plastic. The pulleys have reduced diameter, which reduces load to accessories. Review your Torque and Work equations.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
hey man what stresses would be put on the motor with these power pulleys?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts