E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Got my subs installed :)

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Wrong Way 
#1 ·
well i finally upgraded my HK a little bit a couple weeks ago. added a new JL Audio 500/1 and my old subs (2 10" JL Audio W3s) from a previous car that has been sitting in my room for over a year. the install was very clean but it didn't seem finished

so i took it back today and had a flush panel made and it's super clean now :D

here's another from a little bit futher back

not bad huh? i'm very pleased :)

See less See more
#5 ·
thanks guys :) it's not anything crazy like some of the guys on here but it's exactly what i was looking for, a clean install with a usuable trunk. the carpet doesn't match 100% but it's pretty close and it's WAY better than the black carpet the box used to be.

Mr. 330 > i think i ended up paying a little over $400 for it ("package deal" kind of thing). I know you can get it from ebay cheaper or whatever but i feel much safer with an authorized JL dealer.

Bobo83 > post em up :thumbup: i would like to see it. not quite sure what you mean about the swinging door but it sounds interesting :D

#7 ·
Hi

I'm also interested in installing something similar. A few questions:

- where did you connect the JL with the sound from the head unit? Bevore the h/k amp?
Do you have a BMW radio build in or did you replace the radio?

- ski sack, is it open? or whereelse does your sound find a way to get in the car?

- what volume does your sub box have for the two JLs?

Paolo

#12 ·
bazzman > Factory head unit and I did not punch through the ski-pass. I didn't think I would benefit from it much since my subs are rear firing :dunno:

fuschnicken > thx man :D yep, i have close to my whole trunk left ;)

tuan409 > I don't have a template or anything because a shop did it for me. If you are close to me and you wanna come check it out, you are more than welcome to. PM me if you do.

bimmerguy2006 > I ended up paying a little over $700 including amp, cables, flush panel, carpetting, labor, tax, etc.

#14 ·
WarSong said:
bazzman > Factory head unit and I did not punch through the ski-pass. I didn't think I would benefit from it much since my subs are rear firing :dunno:

Okey thanks!

Next question: where did you connect the new amp to the sound signal? Before the first big h/k amp (in the trunk on the left side) or after the first h/k amp and before the little sub-h/k amp?

Paolo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.