BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys/Gals: Just picked up my ride !.. 03 330ci.. steel grey.. SP/PP/Xenon... I have posted here a few times... just wanna say an oficial Hello.. :) One question: There is some yellow gooey stuff in the empty compartment in the hood. You know, that emptyspace that is on the passenger side.. Anyone knows what that is ? Its kinda leaking out from a crack/gap in the firewall..

·
Slow in, slower out
4,652 Posts
NYCSteel said:
... There is some yellow gooey stuff in the empty compartment in the hood. You know, that emptyspace that is on the passenger side.. Anyone knows what that is ? Its kinda leaking out from a crack/gap in the firewall..
Welcome to the wonderful world of Cosmoline. BMW AG sprays that crap all over every hidden surface to prevent corrosion during shipping. You should see what happens to aluminum engine parts after that crap bakes on for 10 years and 250k miles.

Ed

·
Registered
198 Posts
yup

best of luck , you should take it to the meet on sunday !

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,607 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Got my baby yesterday !

teamdfl said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Cosmoline. BMW AG sprays that crap all over every hidden surface to prevent corrosion during shipping. You should see what happens to aluminum engine parts after that crap bakes on for 10 years and 250k miles.

Ed
Ahhhhhh... I see... thanks.. I thought I had to start visiting the service dept... I guess I will just wipe it off... Thanks a lot for the response man...much appreciated.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: yup

bigxl31 said:
best of luck , you should take it to the meet on sunday !
In the NY area ? I will look it up on the events board...
ohhhh.. My 'first' event.. hehe:pimpin:

·
Town Clown
15,035 Posts
NYCSteel said:
Guys/Gals: Just picked up my ride !.. 03 330ci.. steel grey.. SP/PP/Xenon...
Feels pretty damn good, eh? Congratulations! :thumbup:

·
Diesel Power
355 Posts
Congrats........enjoy your new babe:thumbup:

What about some pics:)

·
Slow in, slower out
4,652 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Got my baby yesterday !

NYCSteel said:

I guess I will just wipe it off...
If that yellow stuff is Cosmoline, it will not wipe off. It seems to come off only with nasty solvents.

Ed

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jeci320d said:
Congrats........enjoy your new babe:thumbup:

What about some pics:)
next week.... was too busy driving yesterday.. I will now put my fuji Finepix S602 to use now.:thumbup:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anthony said:
Congrats man. Is the weather even good enough for you to drive? Have fun.
Weather is aight... cold.. but dry... dont know about the weekend tho... I have started looking at the weather channel these days.. :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: Re: Re: Got my baby yesterday !

teamdfl said:

If that yellow stuff is Cosmoline, it will not wipe off. It seems to come off only with nasty solvents.

Ed
OHH...ummm... its not a lot... just a few trickle... Would my dealer know about it ? I might give them a call..

·
Slow in, slower out
4,652 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Got my baby yesterday !

NYCSteel said:

OHH...ummm... its not a lot... just a few trickle... Would my dealer know about it ? I might give them a call..
We might not be talking about the same stuff. Try to wipe it off and post the results.

Ed

1 - 20 of 38 Posts