BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I finally got my folding mirrors. The pics below are of the mirror unpainted. I needed to reassure myself that they did fit and work before I had them painted. Indeed they worked fine! Luckly with my car, it was a simple plug and play!:thumbup:

Here is the link to see the mirror in action.

http://www.x-reality.com/M3foldingmirror.MPG

One quick question though. I wasnt able to have them fold when I armed the car. Im a missing something?? The way I was making them fold in the video was with the switch. Please help.

thanks again guys for all your help! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
The mirrors don't fold by default with the factory key. To do that you need to have them wired up to do so. Contact RichP on here or over on DTM Power as he makes a module to wire up the mirrors to the factory key or any aftermarket alarm.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I know LOL! There at the paint shop now and should be ready by tomorrow afternoon. I just needed to see if they fit my car correctly before I got them painted. :)

thanks RR BuGGz for the info!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Are they OEM or replica mirrors? I have the folding mirrors from factory but with the standard housing. Will the motor fit in the m3 mirror housing?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DDX:
Q1:Are they OEM or replica mirrors?
--Yes, they are OEM motorized folding mirrors.
Q2: I have the folding mirrors from factory but with the standard housing. Will the motor fit in the m3 mirror housing?
--I dont know

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One more question guys. This might be a dumb question, but I need to know. Should they be painted in the folded postion or in the normal postion?

thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mpowered: I learned how to remove the door panal here on this site. :)
I clicked on the "How tos" section of this website.
I still need to know whether or not they should be pained in folded position or in the normal position. I'm afraid that when i fold them in, i might chip some paint. Or am I wrong?

thanks

tony

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TZ Blue D3: I paid 620.00 unpainted.

·
M T3ch
447 Posts
x-reality said:
Mpowered: I learned how to remove the door panal here on this site. :)
I clicked on the "How tos" section of this website.
I still need to know whether or not they should be pained in folded position or in the normal position. I'm afraid that when i fold them in, i might chip some paint. Or am I wrong?

thanks

tony
You should separate the base from the mirror body before painting for a better job

1 - 20 of 43 Posts