BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jean, at AA, came through. After a month of wait time, I'm finally getting it done. The install is this weekend, please PM me if you want to come by just to check out if you're local. My webcam is located at www.powercx.com/e46/

If you decide to chat with me, I probably won't get to it, at least not as fast since my hand will be dirty and I don't want my keyboard to get dirty.

Camera 2 and 3 is controllable, up and down, side to side, except the Night Vision Camera mounted to view the engine bay which is Camera 4.

Sound is available, and if there is too much people looking at it, there might be a lag. Streaming Sound, Video and Chat might bog down my home server. Handle with care. I'm on Pacific Time. Not sure when I'll be installing the S/C on Saturday, but standby.

·
Registered
258 Posts
that is awesome. are you going to be recording your installation process or just webcaming it up so people can stay up to date with your progress. Congrats on the purchase and have fun with the install.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'll be recorded, but it will definitely be boring watching the install all over again. :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Aw man... welcome to the club dude.. My install was finished today and I've been driving up until 10 minutes ago (it 23h30 here) I've used half a tank of gas already and I'm in heaven... adrenalin rushing through my veins... gonna pass out soon and sleep like the dead...I'm so spent from the rush of it.

I cannot explain how awesome the feeling and the SOUND is... don't believe all the "no nice blow off sound" blurb about charger... they have a very different and very deliciously evil sound

·
Registered
740 Posts
Why the one month wait?

Hey I'm local.. can I get a ride when you're done as I am contemplating this for my Touring?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Why the one month wait?

Hey I'm local.. can I get a ride when you're done as I am contemplating this for my Touring?
They have to pretty much make the thing, order parts and get it ready for me with a checklist. That's why it's a month after I order it. That's ok though, cuz it's perfect timing. The wife and kids is gone on vacation for a month, so I have a month to have fun. PM me on sunday, that's when it'll be broken in. I have Blackberry, so whenever I get a PM, it tells me I have a PM. I reply pretty fast.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Whiteout, thanks man. Congrats to you too, I know you just did yours.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aw man... welcome to the club dude.. My install was finished today and I've been driving up until 10 minutes ago (it 23h30 here) I've used half a tank of gas already and I'm in heaven... adrenalin rushing through my veins... gonna pass out soon and sleep like the dead...I'm so spent from the rush of it.

I cannot explain how awesome the feeling and the SOUND is... don't believe all the "no nice blow off sound" blurb about charger... they have a very different and very deliciously evil sound
Thanks, I'll just have to see how Giddy this car will be since mine is Auto.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Thanks, I'll just have to see how Giddy this car will be since mine is Auto.
start saving for your tranny swap :4ngie:
cool stuff with the webcam, you are going to love the kit it will transform the car thats for sure. Im sure you will be happy. Goodluck with the install! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No go on the tranny swap. I got a wife who can't drive stick, or she can drive stick willingly if I were to buy her BMW 650. I got an expensive wife, what can I say. I'll just have to save up to pay her to shut it, cuz I know she'll be complaining about how much money I spent on my other girlfriend (my car).

-Eb

·
Registered
740 Posts
They have to pretty much make the thing, order parts and get it ready for me with a checklist. That's why it's a month after I order it. That's ok though, cuz it's perfect timing. The wife and kids is gone on vacation for a month, so I have a month to have fun. PM me on sunday, that's when it'll be broken in. I have Blackberry, so whenever I get a PM, it tells me I have a PM. I reply pretty fast.
It will have to be next week if that's ok?.. I'm off to tahoe this weekend..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey powercx I noticed you had Auto software. Would you mind giving me your thoughts on the software. Is it worth the money any noticeable differences in acceleration??

Will be watching ya. Matter of fact get out of bed. I want to be entertained with bloody knuckles and bruised elbows. Have fun!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your DME should arrive today.

Enjoy the car and drive safe.
Jean, I got it at 10 in the morning. Good stuff man, you guys came through. Definitely will have recommendation from me.

Thanks again Jean

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Having trouble taking the fan off. I don't have the repair manual. Anyone here know how to take the fan off? It has a fan clutch, it's the engine fan.

Looks like I won't be done today. :(

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Having trouble taking the fan off. I don't have the repair manual. Anyone here know how to take the fan off? It has a fan clutch, it's the engine fan.

Looks like I won't be done today. :(
Don't know if it's the same as the m3's, but it's reverse threaded.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts