BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Dinan Pimp
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Close encounters with an STI ....

I got smoked by and STI this weekend...I knew he would burn me but I didn't think it would be this bad..especially on the high end. I was heading down to a wedding in Ithaca, NY on Friday and I saw a black STI with custom plates cruising a along. I was pacing him as we passed cars (2 lane road) he was pulling on me most every time he floored it but I was able to keep up for the most part. We did this for about an hour and were getting close to the Corning bypass on route 17 and I decided to see what the STI was made of.

I decided to passed him in the left lane and got up to 130+ I saw him coming up behind me fast and I started to feel a bit unsafe so I eased off the gas.........I look over to my right and I see this blur as he blows past me at at least 140mph. I knew he would kill me but I couldn't believe how he made look look like I was standing still at 130mph!!! It was still a good time...having another car to ride with on a road trip makes the time fly. I have the utmost respect for STI's. Good times. :) I need a supercharger. :D Anyone else here face off with an STI?

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,189 Posts
if you want to play like that do this

get a s/c and perf. mod's and you will do much much better i
say. you may even win with the right perf. mod's. but thats my opion hehehe...........
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
www.piratecove.org
3,748 Posts
yeah my friend just has a regular 2004 wrx

he can just floor it on the highway and pull on my like crazy, i have to drop a gear just to keep up...yeah i know hes got a **** load more hp then my car...im just saying

once we get going fast though, my car appears to handle better, plus im a better driver/shifter than he is so that helps a little.

but if he keeps his revs up and drives it like a honda, hes quick

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah those cars are nothing to mess with. I wouldn't mind having one but I really don't care for the looks of them.

PETE where in Buffalo are you from?

·
Registered
92 Posts
CYBER PETE said:

I live near Bufalo State College.
Yeah me too. I thought so. The background in you sig looked familiar.

·
'a certain moderator'
38,245 Posts
pete got rocked! :lmao:

sad thing is, with a couple mods he is pullin on M3's too, but way to have some 2.5L pride! :D

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
sti is a 2.5!!! ... 2.5l 4cl but still a 2.5 nonetheless... = )

·
Registered
20 Posts
i'm pretty sure that an STI would'nt have too much of a problem with an ///M3 either... I know for a fact that it'll rape you off the line... the STI runs similar if not better times at the track also...handles very well also....few upgrades and there in a different class... only thing is that I think their ugly as sin... otherwise... high performance cars... kudos to subaru..

·
Registered
200 Posts
High-end M3 will KILL the STi...

M3 vs. Sti is a drivers' race in the 1/4.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Re: Close encounters with an STI ....

I actually have a very similar story... I was heading down from upstate cruising in my yellow Mazda MP3 when I ran into a STI on the way back. We both started to take off, running at 140mph but he was always ahead of me. We kept going at it till we came to a fork and we went our seprate ways. And your right times does fly by fast when your going a buck 40 lol...
+
Just Last night on the way home from a bar in Long Island I was a lil buzzed and i was with 2 of my friends... so I was racing home a littl... looked at my milage saw 3600 miles on it... figured let me start pushing this car... I was doin a 100 most ofthe times and then floored it up to 134-136 didnt seem to get past that... I did a lil skid on the highway seemed like I lost control for a sec. or 2. Slowed down and smelled the engine or the tires. I think I now officially broken it in. I don't think I'll be gon that fast again anytime soon.

CYBER PETE said:
I got smoked by and STI this weekend...I knew he would burn me but I didn't think it would be this bad..especially on the high end. I was heading down to a wedding in Ithaca, NY on Friday and I saw a black STI with custom plates cruising a along. I was pacing him as we passed cars (2 lane road) he was pulling on me most every time he floored it but I was able to keep up for the most part. We did this for about an hour and were getting close to the Corning bypass on route 17 and I decided to see what the STI was made of.

I decided to passed him in the left lane and got up to 130+ I saw him coming up behind me fast and I started to feel a bit unsafe so I eased off the gas.........I look over to my right and I see this blur as he blows past me at at least 140mph. I knew he would kill me but I couldn't believe how he made look look like I was standing still at 130mph!!! It was still a good time...having another car to ride with on a road trip makes the time fly. I have the utmost respect for STI's. Good times. :) I need a supercharger. :D Anyone else here face off with an STI?
:thumbup:

·
Registered
215 Posts
bimmer.namja said:
i'm pretty sure that an STI would'nt have too much of a problem with an ///M3 either... I know for a fact that it'll rape you off the line... the STI runs similar if not better times at the track also...handles very well also....few upgrades and there in a different class... only thing is that I think their ugly as sin... otherwise... high performance cars... kudos to subaru..
On the move, the M3 has the advantage against an STI or EVO. However, it is off the line where they have the advantage and the power to keep their lead once they get it. Regardless of tuning ability, I'd still rather rock the M3 (stock or modified) over an STI or EVO. Lord knows I could purchase one if I wanted to! Now having both an M3 and an STI (or EVO) would be stellar! :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts