E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
can ya spare some change?
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming back to work from, I was following one of those construction like pickups with the orange cones in them on I95. Long story short, one of those cones fell off the truck and was in my direct path. There was no room for me to evade it as there were cars to the right and left of me.

I braked hard (good thing no cars were behind me) to see if I could sneek behind on of the cars next to me. I manage to not hit the cone head on, but I still ran over it with my left front tire.

I did not catch the plate number, so I can't file a claim. I got back to work and didn't initially notice any damage to the car, but uppon closer inspection, I notice that almost the entire front right wheel well was missing. :ben: :banghead: :ben:

Anybody know the part number for this and/or how much it would cost to repair. I don't know if there was anymore damange to the bottom of the car until I can get the car up on ramps.

I hate those f***ing trucks!!! Why can't they secure those stupid cones!!!

The part that seems to be missing is circled in red. Anybody know what the part that is circle in blue is? I hope there isn't one on the passenger side, cause the entire piece is gone.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
The part in red is the fender liner, part number 51-71-8-193-811, and the part in blue is your temp sensor, part number 65-81-6-905-133. The fender liner should run you around $15.00 and the temp sensor is around $50.

-SB

PowerDrift said:
Coming back to work from, I was following one of those construction like pickups with the orange cones in them on I95. Long story short, one of those cones fell off the truck and was in my direct path. There was no room for me to evade it as there were cars to the right and left of me.

I braked hard (good thing no cars were behind me) to see if I could sneek behind on of the cars next to me. I manage to not hit the cone head on, but I still ran over it with my left front tire.

I did not catch the plate number, so I can't file a claim. I got back to work and didn't initially notice any damage to the car, but uppon closer inspection, I notice that almost the entire front right wheel well was missing. :ben: :banghead: :ben:

Anybody know the part number for this and/or how much it would cost to repair. I don't know if there was anymore damange to the bottom of the car until I can get the car up on ramps.

I hate those f***ing trucks!!! Why can't they secure those stupid cones!!!

The part that seems to be missing is circled in red. Anybody know what the part that is circle in blue is? I hope there isn't one on the passenger side, cause the entire piece is gone.

·
can ya spare some change?
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sicdfunsi said:
sorry to hear that ... that must be a big impact to destroy that cover ...
call the dealership and check it out !
Yeah, I was going 65, but I think I was able to reduce the speed to about 50 before impacting the cone. I don't think the damage would be as sever if it was 50 degress out instead of 23. Plastic/rubber is pretty brittle at those temps.

SBenfer, thanks for the part # :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts