E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was driving home for the holidays from Austin yesterday. About an hour north of the city there is a little town called Lampasas. I stopped at a light going through town, and after a few seconds it turned green. I started to go, and after about fifty yards a lady in a Subaru pulled into my lane (the far left one). She wanted to turn, but instead of pulling into the turning lane to stop, she decided to stop in my lane. So I stopped for her and waited for about 5 seconds when BAM!!! I get rear-ended by a Dodge Ram pickup with a grill guard. To make matters worse, I get pushed into the idiot lady in front of me. Here's what needs to be replaced, IF the car is not totalled:

-driver's side rear quarter panel
-passenger side rear quarter panel
-trunk
-taillights
-rear bumper
-front bumper
-front hood
-exhaust
-front turn signal
-rear windshield
-rear brake light at top of windshield
-plus I'm leaking something...not sure what

This is just the cosmetic damage. Not sure if there is any structural damage. Airbags didn't go off.

I'll try and post pics soon. Can anyone estimate how much this will cost to repair or if it will be declared a total loss? I know there is some percentage of value that the insurance companies use to decide whether to fix it or not-can someone let me know what it is. I've got a 2000 328i with 30k miles, SP, PP, xenons.

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,423 Posts
Sorry to hear that man... :cry:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car. Hopefully you won't feel any physical pain later on. As for your car, please post pics when you have the chance....

·
booo for body roll.
3,380 Posts
damn.. that sounds like well over 8k.. because i had not even half that stuff happen to my car, all i got replaced was rear quarter, bumper, and trunk, and i was at 4300.. sorry to hear man.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
God damn it!!!!! I got rear-ended last tues. People are ****in idiots!!!! Really sorry to hear that, hopefully insurance will take care of it!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Man sorry to hear about that :thumbdwn:

There are too many ****ing idiots driving out there. The truck that slammed into you should cover everything though. Time for a new facelift :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
I would say modding time!!!:D ;)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I was in the same situation, too. I stopped at a red traffic light and the car behind me hit me, the impact made my car jump and hit the car in front of me. The airbag didn't go off. Apparently the car that hit me had some problem with the brake. The lady driver cried after see the damage. Yes, my front windshield was shuttered, front and rear bumper broke. Fortunately her insurance payed for everything and it happened to my old Acura.
Women should be banned from driving, or at least their insurance rate must be higher than men! :mad:

·
Registered
395 Posts
als said:
IWomen should be banned from driving, or at least their insurance rate must be higher than men! :mad:
:lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
234 Posts
take it to your body shop and try to see if it can be written off as totaled, seems like it is going to be anyway

sorry to hear about it

·
Registered
175 Posts
sorry to hear that..
Why are you worrying about the cost??
Isn't insurance going to fix it for you??
I say time for a new baby!!! if it's not
worth fixing it..
:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Man...that sux!!!

Sorry to hear that man...sounds like a very bad accident...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts