BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
from someone going 35, while I was stationary. :cry: Photos attached. Anyone have guesses on repair cost? It's a 05 330xi. The entire back of the car has squashed inward, and the back bumper is now almost touching the wheels. Also, the trunk and back doors is being pushed outward by the squished back of the car. The trunk will not fully shut. If you want any more details to help your guess, please ask away.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Sorry to hear OP, insurance should cover it, but if it doesnt it should cost around $2000 or so

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks like the quarter panels buckled out.. car is probably totaled with that much damage. There was another thread a couple days ago talking about 4k for quarter panel repair and some other damage.. when my old 740iL got hit like that, damages were estimated to be around 12k.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
if the rear doors are pushed in, the car will need extensive frame work to get it back into shape.
sorry i forgot about the damage to the doors, frame is probably a goner and look for subframe damage, if theres subframe damage it will be totaled

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Looks like quite a bit of damage that may be hidden from the pictures you've posted.

Judging from the looks of it, if there's any damage at all to the frame, it will be a writeoff almost definitely :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yikes, looks like I might need to say goodbye to my baby :bawling: . I was actually amazed at how well the car took the hit. I imagined an accident like that would totally smash the car into pieces.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Non-closing doors after a collision screams WRITE OFF. Airbags deployed too?

·
Registered
152 Posts
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=860514&highlight=

Practically the same thing happened to me a week ago. Go to my thread and read what happened and check the pictures out on pages 1 and 3. Everyone told me that either the car was totaled or that it was going to be a 4k+ repair. Since I was not going through insurance and I was paying out of pocket, this scared me quite a bit. I went to countless body shops and got many quotes ranging from 4k-6k. I was able to get ahold of a guy who does excellent work for an amazing price. How I got ahold of him is my secret. He is charging me $2,900 for the job. My advise for you is to do your research and you will find what your looking for.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=860514&highlight=

Practically the same thing happened to me a week ago. Go to my thread and read what happened and check the pictures out on pages 1 and 3. Everyone told me that either the car was totaled or that it was going to be a 4k+ repair. Since I was not going through insurance and I was paying out of pocket, this scared me quite a bit. I went to countless body shops and got many quotes ranging from 4k-6k. I was able to get ahold of a guy who does excellent work for an amazing price. How I got ahold of him is my secret. He is charging me $2,900 for the job. My advise for you is to do your research and you will find what your looking for.
I saw your thread, glad you were able to fix your car, looked pretty bad from the pictures

1 - 17 of 17 Posts