BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there guys,

Got an 04 325ci, comes with the fac tv.... no sat nav which is a little annoying:banghead:, what are my options, do i have to pull it out and buy another screen or can it be loaded on?

thoughts?

post up some links if u can.

cheers, Joel

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I dunno about Factory Nav why it's not working if you wanna change my recommendation is Dynavin, Ask Jason Euro Division for a deal :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Hey there guys,

Got an 04 325ci, comes with the fac tv.... no sat nav which is a little annoying:banghead:, what are my options, do i have to pull it out and buy another screen or can it be loaded on?

thoughts?

post up some links if u can.

cheers, Joel
Do you have a DVD drive at the back ? if so, thats the nav computer. If you dont have it then your car will need that to have factory nav. Those things are quiet expensive. But you could instead get the dynavin like johnca mentioned and you can have more features than the factory unit.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
you'll need to retrofit the nav. my 325 came with tv but no nav also. i bought the parts of ebay for about $1200 and got it installed for about $200.

whatever you do, don't buy a dynavin. i have since switched to it and i was much happier with factory nav. if you're gonna go aftermarket do it properly and get something from clarion, alpine, ken wood etc

·
Registered
525 Posts
I've had the Mk3 and now have the Mk4 factory nav, both are complete garbage, the TomTom iPhone app + cradle is by far the best option I've found so far, but I might try the Dynavin at some point.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I've had the Mk3 and now have the Mk4 factory nav, both are complete garbage, the TomTom iPhone app + cradle is by far the best option I've found so far, but I might try the Dynavin at some point.
I've got tomtom on my dynavin winCE. It's working flawlessly as does my dynavin for the past year. OP if you're in Melbourne you're welcome to have a look at mine :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
I've got tomtom on my dynavin winCE. It's working flawlessly as does my dynavin for the past year. OP if you're in Melbourne you're welcome to have a look at mine :)
I've used the TomTom on a standalone unit (won it free by buying fuel at Shell couple years ago) and on the iPhone, both were frankly excellent and quite user friendly, the only reason I give the iPhone a slight edge is the nicer touchscreen, and the fact that it does live traffic and corrections via 3G. I'd imagine the Dynavin version of it is just the same but with a bigger screen which would be nice.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Fgin do you have android avadyne? or standard one
Call me bud I wana se it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts