BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just Marinatin'
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Z4 mirror. I got it off of ebay for 40 bucks shipped haha. Just thought that I would share a couple of pics. There is one tiny scratch that kind of bugs me but I am sure I will get used to it.

one more,

I love the new grey nose instead of that red one.

·
Just Marinatin'
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not that I know of

FredS said:
Is the red nose replaceable? I will buy the nose alone from BMW and just replace it.

BTW: Nice little mod man.
I dont think that you can just replace the nose very easily. I mean you would have to open up the mirror and stuff. Besides this one looks like it is a little bit different in size than the red one.

ecng: took me like 10 minutes. Hardest part is just clipping that plastic bracket back around the stalk because the little rubber part always gets in the way. All you have to do is remove the plastic cover, twist the mirror to the left and unplug the harness then just repeat in reverse order with the new mirror.

·
No more mods
307 Posts
ecng: took me like 10 minutes. Hardest part is just clipping that plastic bracket back around the stalk because the little rubber part always gets in the way. All you have to do is remove the plastic cover, twist the mirror to the left and unplug the harness then just repeat in reverse order with the new mirror.
Thanks, so I have put Z4 or M3 mirror to my sedan. I have to start looking one for my car now:)

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,303 Posts
Nice mod! The Z4 mirror is a nice touch for your interior, and its cool because its different from everyone else who install the M3 mirror instead... :thumbup:

·
No more mods
307 Posts
Thanks, so I have put Z4 or M3 mirror to my sedan. I have to start looking one for my car now:)

·
Just Marinatin'
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah

AVRed1 said:
Does it keep auto dimm feature?

How about a part #:thumbup:
It has the autodim feature. I dont have a part number since I got it off of ebay. I know that Devhacker has done this install and I think that he listed a part number. I think that RichP was the first one to have one though. Search for them and maybe you can find a part number. They are like 350 at the dealer though I think.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
looks sweet to me

look good in your car. looks alike my m3 mirror. that is a very kool mod. good luck with it
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts