BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Do I fix it myself?

• Fix it myself???

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Pay some poor schmuck 5 bucks to do it tomorrow???

Votes: 18 90.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Suck it easy.............
2,498 Posts
take it to a shop.....not sure if you have American Tire Co. by your house, they will do it for free.....they don't advertise it, but they will, I took my tires there twice before and they've done it for free for me, and I didn't even buy my tires from them....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Go to dealer....firestone used the wrong demounting machine (our wheels require special one with plastic parts) and scratched the crap out of it. After a long fight they are buying me new wheels.....

·
Registered
652 Posts
ive had a nail in my tire for weeks.. oh well

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
isnt it dev wiht the nail in tire mod??? i got one in my rear right tire, been in there for 2000 miles... hahahaha. once i get my gt3's on ima take it to discount tire.

·
[email protected] mph 1/4...Not bad!
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I stopped at Discount tire and they said that the don't plug tires but rather patch them from the inside. So I'm guessing they take the tire off the rim and patch it that way. Its ten bucks so I think I'll go with them. I hope they don't phuck up my rims though!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
It is an easy DYI, but the correct way is to do it from the inside with a patch, and not just a plug, no? They can also check the balance after the put the patch on..

Chip-

·
Registered
880 Posts
Chase265 said:
take it to a shop.....not sure if you have American Tire Co. by your house, they will do it for free.....they don't advertise it, but they will, I took my tires there twice before and they've done it for free for me, and I didn't even buy my tires from them....
yes, you are right! they've removed 3 nails on 3 separate occasions for FREE! you don't even have to had bought the tires from them AND they don't have the machines that will scratch your wheels.

BTW, they'll match/beat all of Tirerack.com's prices on wheels and tires. :thumbup:

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,579 Posts
WELCOME!!

Welcome OJ330i, to the 1 Inch Nail in Tire club. You are now officially a member of this prestigious club.

Remember, many times people go looking for a club to join. However we're a bit different--we come looking for you [your tire(s)], because you're special. :D

Don't forget to send in your membership fees (which consists of mod donations). :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

"Not only am I the CEO, I'm also a client." :lmao: :pimpin:

·
[email protected] mph 1/4...Not bad!
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry Dev but I just found out this morning that I am not officially a member. I went to discount tire and when they pulled out the nail I found out that it was only throught the tread and not the tire itself. They sprayed water on it and no bubbles came out so it didn't pierce the tire. I guess that proves I still have a good amount of tread left. So I am not an official member yet but now I know that I am not exempt from becoming one in the future.

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,579 Posts
Hahaha...the nail will find you--sooner or later. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts