BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home from fort lauderdale to the keys last Sunday only five minutes from my house i seen the Florida highway patrol so i turned my radio down after i pass i was at least 300 ft down the road i turned it up because my gf son was pitching a fit and i was tired of hearing him fuss. So they pulled me over and gave me a loud noise ticket $116. Also got a warning ticket for low adjusted head lights. Don't know how to fix that. I have stock HID's may be some one can help me out. MY car is lowered.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
There should be a noise threshold. Not sure that the laws are but I would imagine that the cop would have to provide some sort of evidence.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No joke. I forget what the ticket said exactly but when i get home sunday i'll post it. The warning ticket did say "low adjusted head lights". He said i should get it fixed for my safty. Just a matter of turnning 2 knobs one above each head light. Figured that out today while i was at the indy. It's probably in the owners manual and i'm sure i could have found it on here if i searched. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=447738&highlight=xenon+diy

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is exactly what the ticket say
State Statute 316.3045(1)(a)
Unlawful operation of radio/sound-making devices or instruments of sound too loud/ 25 feet

How come i never heard of Harley riders getting tickets. Not that i want them to. But if your going to enforce a law at least don't discriminate. Or don't enforce it at all.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
I'm sure there is a noise threshold...what is it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts