E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to the GF's tonight, traffic was cruising at 80, so I took the opportunity to open my baby up a bit (hadn't done that in weeks) -- God, I love these cars! 95 and you could barely tell... ahhhhhhhhhh :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sicily1918 said:
Going to the GF's tonight, traffic was cruising at 80, so I took the opportunity to open my baby up a bit (hadn't done that in weeks) -- God, I love these cars! 95 and you could barely tell... ahhhhhhhhhh :D
I love the kick in the back at 110/4k RPM when the VANOS shifts :shhh: :woot:

Scott

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
Sicily1918 said:
What freeway were you on?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just to make you envy me and feel a little better myself. I do 155mph at least once a week. 120mph almost daily :)

These cars are so stable at those speeds, the powertrain ist just humming along at max power no matter how long you can stay pedal to the metal, just add fuel and some oil every once in a while and it won´t stop.

That´s what these cars are made for, that´s what makes them more expensive than any other imports. Anyone who´s ever had the joy of driving the Autobahn in Bavaria and knows that this is where these cars are developed understands why the stock sound systems are so crappy. The Testdrivers never get to hear it :) That´s why there are no usable cupholders either.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Tierfreund said:
Just to make you envy me and feel a little better myself. I do 155mph at least once a week. 120mph almost daily :)

These cars are so stable at those speeds, the powertrain ist just humming along at max power no matter how long you can stay pedal to the metal, just add fuel and some oil every once in a while and it won´t stop.

That´s what these cars are made for, that´s what makes them more expensive than any other imports. Anyone who´s ever had the joy of driving the Autobahn in Bavaria and knows that this is where these cars are developed understands why the stock sound systems are so crappy. The Testdrivers never get to hear it :) That´s why there are no usable cupholders either.
Couldn't agree more!!!!
Germany is the only place to truly test the car legaly. Better yet, you can enjoy it much more on every day basis.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Tierfreund said:

Gotta love the autobahn. I was doing 120ish in a passat TDI rental a few years ago on the bahn.

Just stay out of the left lane unless passing :thumbup:

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'll open it up on long, straight country highways where you don't see very many other cars. Got it up to 128ish and the car just wanted to stay at that speed. It was just so smooth and the car was just at ease, and it's just hard to get back down below 100. I would almost be completely off of the gas and the car just stays at the higher speeds, you almost have to try to get back down. Even when i'm just doing daily driving, i'll find myself hitting 90+ mph while I'm passing someone and then realize it and have to slow down. It'd be nice to live in Germany and be able to do this every day, since i only get occasions to get up to speed about 2-3 times a year.

·
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gucki83 said:
What freeway were you on?
The 210 in the Pasadena to Monrovia stretch... funny, 'cause this freeway's really slowed down since they extended it to the 15.

I didn't even realize we were going that fast (80) 'till I looked at the speedo. Someone was tailgating me (of course) while lane 1 was open, so instead of changing to the fast lane so he could pass me on the slower lane :confused: I decided I'd just push my right foot a little :smokin:

·
Banned
644 Posts
I know how you feel... there's nice road here too 30 min from my house, I just love to go there turn music down, DSC off and blast the twisties like there's no tomorow, I get crazy rush .. i love my car to death !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts